Getting Ready To Raise the White Flag

Bahama O's Fan

Yeah it's getting close. I can't see how being buyers is going to improve the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I don't see where we have the prospects to get what is really needed too many holes, BUT we have some NICE FA that could return a nice haul IMHO

SELL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either O's management makes serious runs at resigning Chen, Wieters, and O'Day. I would add Davis, but I'm not completely convinced on his abilities, but I probably should add him to this mix. Or else let all of the FAs go, or trade them, go back to what might be a few losing seasons while we rebuild. We'll still have Adam Jones, JJ Hardy, Ubaldo, Britton, Gonzo, Tillman and a few others to root for while we rebuild.

They need to show some life very soon, or it will be very difficult to justify not selling. Turnarounds in August and September have happened before, and I still fully expect a NYY collapse in September, but at some point it will be necessary to play the percentages. This team has the core to compete in 2016 and beyond, so it might be the time to look to the future. This season has looked like 2013 since the beginning.

The next few series will be the key. Rays are not playing well and lost two out of three to the Phillies. Braves are not good and the Tigers could be selling and done for the year. The second wild card could be won by going a few games over .500. That being said I don't want the Orioles to give up that much in a trade. The West Coast trip might be the one to finish off the season. The Orioles have not been good on the road all year. Someone mentioned Hardy and I don't think a team would pick up his salary based on this year or last years low homer numbers. The Orioles would have to pick up much of his salary and i don't see the Orioles eating over 15 million. I would see what you could get for Ubaldo.

You must never surrender. Or is it just the Fools Overture.

[video=youtube;FOF5eofBzco]

If I am DD I am buying a bat. The O's are 3.5 out of the wild card on July 23rd. They are three back of Twins in the loss column for the last WC spot. Houston is coming back to earth. George Springer is out until September.

The O's just lost two to the Yankees on the road by a total of 2 runs. Sounds to me like the O's are just a player short at this point. BUY.

If I am DD I am buying a bat. The O's are 3.5 out of the wild card on July 23rd. They are three back of Twins in the loss column for the last WC spot. Houston is coming back to earth. George Springer is out until September.

The O's just lost two to the Yankees on the road by a total of 2 runs. Sounds to me like the O's are just a player short at this point. BUY.

I believe you are right, and I know DD says the team are buyers.

Just not sure, what they can buy and who they are going to give up to get it.

I haven't been sold on the Twins all year, I am sure other people feel the same way. The Astros are picking things up a little bit but they are vulnerable. One small point is there are about 7 games more this year after the trade deadline then last year due to when the season started so there is an extra week of baseball. At the end of the day can the Orioles beat out two of Astros, Twins and Blue Jays?, as well as of course hold off teams like the Tigers, Rays and Indians.

I believe you are right, and I know DD says the team are buyers.

Just not sure, what they can buy and who they are going to give up to get it.

Young AAA pitching is what the O's have to offer. One of Mike Wright, Tyler Wilson or Zach Davies is what the O's have to lead with. Christian Walker or Dariel Alvarez is probably the 2nd piece. A third piece from the lower minors or the major league roster could be added like Snider.

I like Jay Bruce because he would be around a while. We will see how it goes.

If we lose tomorrow it is white flag day. Thanks to the lack of trying hitters. I wonder

how happy the fans will be when we lose half the team this offseason? I am a fan who doesn't

tolerate losing. Back to the pre 2012 team. I know many of you are going to blast me,

Losing to me is like being smacked in the head, so you blasting me feels better than losing.

No one would blast you for being upset. But when you make comments saying we're losing because we're not trying, that's what irritates people.

Also, if you truly feel the team is not trying, then why in the blue hell would you be upset when these same players walk in the offseason? (drops pipe bomb)

This is definitely not last year where you had cruz, peace having a career year and three pitchers having career years. This is not three years ago where Davis was one of the most feared hitters in the game.

This team simply does not have what is needed to go deep into the playoffs. And I don't want to see the Orioles ship off a bunch of young players so they can try and win a one game wild card.

Archived