Getting Ready To Raise the White Flag

Bahama O's Fan

I'm clearly a sentimental sap, but the first time I ever saw this flag hoisted by the Bird in person after a big win, it choked me up. It just hit me that way that night. I still think of that from time to time. We have all put a lot of time into this team for a long time and I know for me, the emotions and attachment run deeper than I'd care to admit to some people.

You have no idea how hard it was to stand up to Yankee fans over the years and not let them get the better of me. There was one Yankee fan where I lived in Florida (lived in Jupiter, spring training home of St. Louis and the then Florida Marlins.) This kid wasn't from new york or new jersey, but he acted like it. And like the classy gentleman I am, I just ignored him, until I walked in one day with an O's hat and he was in a Yankee hat (this was in 2011). He mocked me the whole day, even going out of his way to find me and harass me. So when we beat the Yankees, I think of that kid, and how that little jerk is saying "Wow, the Orioles are beating us? We suck!" Brings tears of joy to my heart.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have no idea how hard it was to stand up to Yankee fans over the years and not let them get the better of me. There was one Yankee fan where I lived in Florida (lived in Jupiter, spring training home of St. Louis and the then Florida Marlins.) This kid wasn't from new york or new jersey, but he acted like it. And like the classy gentleman I am, I just ignored him, until I walked in one day with an O's hat and he was in a Yankee hat (this was in 2011). He mocked me the whole day, even going out of his way to find me and harass me. So when we beat the Yankees, I think of that kid, and how that little jerk is saying "Wow, the Orioles are beating us? We suck!" Brings tears of joy to my heart.

A little karma :thumbsup1:

I think the O's destroyed my flag.

While I am enjoying the current run as much as anyone else the Orioles will fall out of this race with the next downturn in their pitching. And while DD has the best intentions with Chris Davis, the Orioles will not be able to match his best offer. At this point even Parra is playing himself out of their price range. I hope they keep this up, but I have no reason to believe that the Orioles won't drop another 5-13/14 streak on us at some point soon.

While I am enjoying the current run as much as anyone else the Orioles will fall out of this race with the next downturn in their pitching. And while DD has the best intentions with Chris Davis, the Orioles will not be able to match his best offer. At this point even Parra is playing himself out of their price range. I hope they keep this up, but I have no reason to believe that the Orioles won't drop another 5-13/14 streak on us at some point soon.

Oh calm down. We'll be ok. That and we have to see what LA does tonight against Chicago.

• 1 month later...
o

I am hereby planting an Oriole flag in this thread:

Baltimore_Orioles_bird_1396316011716_3925574_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The stubborn Birdie showed some kick late, but the 3-game sweep at the hands of the Red Sox has allowed the intruder to plant that white flag in his backyard.

They still have an outside chance of a winning season, but the playoffs are out.

Orioles should let all their kids get a big league taste this week, let Terry Doyle pitch a game- he deserves it, let Mancini and Christian Walker play, let Sharlon play short with his brother Jonathan at second, give Chance Sisco a few games behind the plate....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice call my friend. You have life in proper perspective. Cheery thought: Terps basketball is coming!
Yep, the Ravens are just as bad as the O's offense. I was at the Ravens game this past afternoon. The once-vaunted Ravens Defense is now like a sieve or turnstyle. They're now 0-3.

I'll be at OPACY Monday night. Wonder how it will go.

Archived