vs. Yankees 7/23 Day Game

weams

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is over. O.V.E.R. ......DONE

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm usually an optimist... but this game was over after the first inning. :(

Wieters and Davis should be gone by month's end, and with any luck (OK, with a LOT of luck), we'll get a Bedard-like haul in return.

There is a positive that comes out of this (sounds crazy, right)

At least the Orioles did something that should allow them to make a definitive decision on the direction of this team. While you can't call the Orioles a lost cause, this series hurt them bad, and it will take only a couple more loses for them to be out of the race and be sellers. Had we won 1 out of 3, the indecision on whether to go for it all or prepare for the future would have continued. I say get as much as you can for Davis and Chen, Wieters and O'Day if someone blows you away, and use the available money in the offseason to go out and get a TOR starter for once in my dang life.

There is a positive that comes out of this (sounds crazy, right)

At least the Orioles did something that should allow them to make a definitive decision on the direction of this team. While you can't call the Orioles a lost cause, this series hurt them bad, and it will take only a couple more loses for them to be out of the race and be sellers. Had we won 1 out of 3, the indecision on whether to go for it all or prepare for the future would have continued. I say get as much as you can for Davis and Chen, Wieters and O'Day if someone blows you away, and use the available money in the offseason to go out and get a TOR starter for once in my dang life.

I agree 100%, but you really think they'd go get a TOR starter? They'd go get 3 utility guys that can play multiple positions or someone that "can come into the game in any situation against a RHH or LHH. Maybe even someone coming off a major injury that wants to prove himself.

I agree 100%, but you really think they'd go get a TOR starter? They'd go get 3 utility guys that can play multiple positions or someone that "can come into the game in any situation against a RHH or LHH. Maybe even someone coming off a major injury that wants to prove himself.

Yeah I know. I think this could be a time where we shift the focus of this team from offense to pitching. We are gonna lose some significant bats (more than likely) with Davis, and Wieters leaving. If we could go out and get a solid pitcher and maybe trade Davis and Chen together to net some significant prospect arms, I would be really excited for our future (pitching wise).

Archived