Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

How many games does Tulo play on that mini golf carpet before he's on the DL? I'm guessing 4 1/2.

It's only a big upgrade over Reyes if he can stay on the field. And I seriously doubt he will.

I like this trade for Colorado. Get rid of the contract for a guy who is frequently injured for 3 nice arms. Reyes is frequently injured, too, but I'm assuming they're going to flip him for more prospects.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giants can't touch was Texas has on table, but maybe Texas backs off if Phillies keep pushing.

I'm cool with chops being busted. I seldom pass along info. If I decide to and it falls through I don't mind at all being questioned. My bar is very high for this type of info; I'm not a fan of flaming rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am comfortable with you passing on whatever you choose and will make certain that no chops are busted too much.

So far as I know. I heard there was some blowback from one of the teams involved, internally, and medicals hadn't been swapped. So, room there for it to fall apart.

All these deals are very fluid anyway. Andrew Miller was traded to Detroit last year, until Dan called it off for them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Dodgers are discussing Alex Guerrero in*trades <a href="http://t.co/tk0EEM1s4V">http://t.co/tk0EEM1s4V</a></p>? HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="
">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I asked about him earlier. He has no position in LA, a fairly substantial amount of power, and a relatively reasonable contract. I'd be interested.

EDIT: but wait...does he become a FA at season's end if traded? I seem to remember that being a thing.

As far as I can tell, CarGo, Puig, Cespedes, and Upton are all out there for the taking. And those are just the A listers. I'd even speculate that Ryan Braun is tradeable.

Lots and lots of talent out there. One of those guys would make us legit contenders. Two of them (albeit nearly impossible to facilitate) might put us among the favorites. We have to make something happen as our window is closing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Dodgers are discussing Alex Guerrero in*trades <a href="http://t.co/tk0EEM1s4V">http://t.co/tk0EEM1s4V</a></p>— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="
">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He has a back issue and he's terrible defensively. I wouldn't give up anything of value for him.

As far as I can tell, CarGo, Puig, Cespedes, and Upton are all out there for the taking. And those are just the A listers. I'd even speculate that Ryan Braun is tradeable.

Lots and lots of talent out there. One of those guys would make us legit contenders. Two of them (albeit nearly impossible to facilitate) might put us among the favorites. We have to make something happen as our window is closing.

Agree with nearly everything you stated here. I don't think that landing two of those guys makes us the favorites, as we still don't have the pitching. We also don't have the prospects to get two of them, but I sure would be excited to land CarGo. Any ideas on what it would take for the Rockies to deal him?

All these deals are very fluid anyway. Andrew Miller was traded to Detroit last year, until Dan called it off for them.

This one is weird. I am not following up since these guys are all crazy busy right now but I am interested in the details once the dust has settled.

Man I would love to deal for CarGo. Signed through 2017, and I'm hoping with his injury history, a Gausman-less trade would be possible.

Wright, Sisco, Walker for CarGo?

For a guy that is struggling to hit LHP? No thanks. I'm not giving up all that for a platoon player.

Agree with nearly everything you stated here. I don't think that landing two of those guys makes us the favorites' date=' as we still don't have the pitching. We also don't have the prospects to get two of them, but I sure would be excited to land CarGo. Any ideas on what it would take for the Rockies to deal him?[/quote']

I think we have the pitching. Look at the results over the last 50 games or so. We're still not flashy and we lack the traditional ace that everyone covets, but Chen and Tillman have been pitching well lately. Ubaldo can be good to great on a given night. Gausman is electric. Our bullpen is reliable. I'm not worried about the pitching.

The bigger issue is who we'd package to get just ONE of these guys. That alone might be an insurmountable hurdle, much less trying to get two guys. Our biggest hope is trying to match up with a team that can give us two solid players in a blockbuster.

I'm the wrong guy to ask about who we'd deal in a specific trade, but I'd be willing to trade just about anyone in the organization with the exception of maybe a dozen players on the ML roster.

Agree with nearly everything you stated here. I don't think that landing two of those guys makes us the favorites' date=' as we still don't have the pitching. We also don't have the prospects to get two of them, but I sure would be excited to land CarGo. Any ideas on what it would take for the Rockies to deal him?[/quote']

I'm not giving up much for CarGo unless they are eating some money. He'll be owed 17M in 2016, and 20M in 2017. He can't stay on the field and is basically a league average hitter outside of Coors Field.

For a guy that is struggling to hit LHP? No thanks. I'm not giving up all that for a platoon player.

He's had a bad year hitting lefties, but that is only in 74 at-bats.

From 2012-2014, he put up a solid .765 OPS against LHP. I think that's worth the package I suggested, or something similar.

Archived