Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Why are the Rangers trading for Hamels? I feel like their team is years away from contention. It would make more sense to keep their young players and start rebuilding right away.

Why years away? Get Darvish back next year and you have a rotation. Headed by him and Hamels with the likes of Nick Martinez behind them.

That's a heck of a start.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like Jose Peraza for what he is, but you're getting way more impact in Hector Olivera's bat. Would be a strong upgrade for Atlanta.</p>? Ben Badler (@BenBadler) <a href="
">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I figure Olivera will help immediately but Atlanta is looking for contention in 2017 or 2018, seems Olivera's talent wont be capitalized on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Justin Upton has left the game for San Diego.</p>— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) <a href="

For reals this time?

CLIFlTbWsAAO1Oh.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mets fans are giving Wilmer Flores a standing ovation. This is weird.</p>— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) <a href="

How so though? Tulo is simply replacing Reyes who was going to be there anyway.

Good point about next two years. 2017 would be a bear with Reyes still on payroll and Bautista/E5 free agents, but now Toronto has extended using up a $20M slot for another few years beyond that, in the range of the years the next contract for their current sluggers would fall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Justin Upton has left the game for San Diego.</p>? Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) <a href="

We've heard that before!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Madness. Rangers close to Hamels deal. ATL-MIA-LAD blockbuster. Gomez to Mets. Happy late July.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

Good point about next two years. 2017 would be a bear with Reyes still on payroll and Bautista/E5 free agents, but now Toronto has extended using up a $20M slot for another few years beyond that, in the range of the years the next contract for their current sluggers would fall.

Good point about long term.

We've heard that before!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Justin Upton out of the game in the bottom of the eighth. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> up 7-2. Could be because of the score.</p>— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayBBE) <a href="

Why are the Rangers trading for Hamels? I feel like their team is years away from contention. It would make more sense to keep their young players and start rebuilding right away.

Because the Hamels contract is a very good value if you believe he stays healthy and declines at reasonable rate. And Texas very much believes they can compete next year. Looking to move Choo and get aggressive in FA, as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Madness. Rangers close to Hamels deal. ATL-MIA-LAD blockbuster. Gomez to Mets. Happy late July.</p>? Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

July 30? Is he posting from the future?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Madness. Rangers close to Hamels deal. ATL-MIA-LAD blockbuster. Gomez to Mets. Happy late July.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

Crazy night so far. I think Price goes tonight too. There's a reason that Dodgers trade was so complicated.

Archived