Duquette: "We will have more than enough offense"

Sports Guy

Why are we being so risk averse? We don't know if Knott will hit his weight against lefties, but we're damned sure Freddie Bynum won't.
I am not risk adverse to Knott and he would be on my team and start against all lefties. But I believe Sam just can't swallow that risk.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think i will worry if there is a lack of scoring tonight. I mean we all know what pitcher is going against us. I am more concerned about how the bats perform against the Yankees. If they shut us down regularly, I will then worry.

A run of the mill 4th or 5th RH OFer type that had a good spring for the Rockies and was sent down. He can play all 3 OF positions and seems to be slightly above average defensively but his offense isn't that great.

Spilborghs MiL number are pretty good particularly his OBP. 292 .379 .442 821, not bad at all for a 4th- 5th OF.

OK then, insert any left-handed bullpen pitcher in the league. Let's say Mark Hendrickson...

If you are trying to bait me, I'll have you know that I am not sold on Knott, I reserve my crushes for pretty girls not ball players. I do not think, with sporadic at bats he will be of any real value.

That said, I'm not adverse to having him on the team, but I believe people are overvaluing him from what hes done as a career MiL.

I can't imagine what the win total would be if we kept Knott on the team over Bynum. If I had to guess, it would be a wash probably.

OK then, insert any left-handed bullpen pitcher in the league. Let's say Mark Hendrickson...

Will you stop looking at stats! Don't you know they mean nothing and that these are human beings and despite a track record of little to no success, it means nothing because human beings can always overcome! DUH!

I do not think, with sporadic at bats he will be of any real value.

What type of player do you think would have value with sporadic at-bats then? Do you have any reason to think that Knott wouldn't be of any value or just a hunch?

Will you stop looking at stats! Don't you know they mean nothing and that these are human beings and despite a track record of little to no success, it means nothing because human beings can always overcome! DUH!

Ah, so another dig. Good job. Disregard anything that you don't agree with and pad your 37,000 or so posts with useless banter. I'm not going to give you too many more digs at me. The gloves at some point will come off. I respect everyone's opinions, even yours believe it or not. I dont take every advantage to take a shot at someone when I dont agree with their post, Of course, I'm not insecure in life and dont feel the need to profess my importance on a message board to any who will listen.

That said, do you really think Knott can step off the bench getting 6-8AB's a week and be productive against ML hitting? You tell us all the time how smart you are, you cant possibly believe that though right?

What would you know about humans Honeybear?:D

TB would want way too much for Baldelli IMO. I would love to see him here, but I feel it would cost way too much.

They want two future stars, one being a pitcher. Hayden Penn and Chris Ray fit that profile quite nicely. Ray could be their closer now and Penn could be a future #2 for them. We could send them Liz if they didn't want Penn.

Ah, so another dig. Good job. Disregard anything that you don't agree with and pad your 37,000 or so posts with useless banter. I'm not going to give you too many more digs at me. The gloves at some point will come off. I respect everyone's opinions, even yours believe it or not. I dont take every advantage to take a shot at someone when I dont agree with their post, Of course, I'm not insecure in life and dont feel the need to profess my importance on a message board to any who will listen.

That said, do you really think Knott can step off the bench getting 6-8AB's a week and be productive against ML hitting? You tell us all the time how smart you are, you cant possibly believe that though right?

There is absolutely no reason to think Knott will not be able to play part time to hit lefties.

Archived