Potential Landing Spots for Chris Davis

25 Nuggets

By any measure Angelos has been a disaster as an owner. I'm so sick of hearing about our payroll limits. The Nationals have a payroll that is approximately $50 million greater than ours, yet we control the TV rights of both. His management of MASN has significantly under performed on the revenue side of the equation. Angelos is in his mid 80s and when he has a window to possibly win a trophy and change the narrative of his obituary he doesn't go for it. He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about winning arguments.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By any measure Angelos has been a disaster as an owner. I'm so sick of hearing about our payroll limits. The Nationals have a payroll that is approximately $50 million greater than ours, yet we control the TV rights of both. His management of MASN has significantly under performed on the revenue side of the equation. Angelos is in his mid 80s and when he has a window to possibly win a trophy and change the narrative of his obituary he doesn't go for it. He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about winning arguments.

Is it just me or do lawyers always tend to be the worst sports owners? Edward Bennett Williams, Peter Angelos, Donald Sterling, and Hugh Culverhouse were all lawyers and absolutely horrendous owners. And it's hard to find any lawyers who were good sports owners.

Is it just me or do lawyers always tend to be the worst sports owners? Edward Bennett Williams, Peter Angelos, Donald Sterling, and Hugh Culverhouse were all lawyers and absolutely horrendous owners. And it's hard to find any lawyers who were good sports owners.

Give me a business guy over a lawyer every day of the week. Lawyers usually are risk adverse and you can't win championships without taking tisks. I have spent some time with Mark Lerner and we would be much better off with them as our owner. They understand how to grow revenue, how to price the entire fan experience. Angelos routs keeping ticket prices low but really fails to understand that most fans would be willing to pay a little more to win. There is no reason the Orioles can't support a payroll of $175 million. Angelos mismanagement has hurt revenue and the product on the field. The one thing Angelos has done is convince Oriole fans the franchise is small market and can't afford to pay for great players. It is a lie. Unfortunately few call them out.

Give me a business guy over a lawyer every day of the week. There is no reason the Orioles can't support a payroll of $175 million.

You have said that you are close friends with several of the Orioles minority owners? Yet your posts are always about Angelos hatred. Do they all feel the same way as you and how do you become close with the Lerners and the Orioles minority folks. I would really like to understand your access and insight.

Wanda King

Harvey Meyerhoff

David Bernstein

Edward Brush

Barry Levinson

Roger Blunt

Pam Shriver

William Beatson

Albert Tyler

George Stamas

James Riepe

Wayne Gioioso

Jack Dunn

To whoever negative relied me and typed "whatever" as a comment. I said nothing offensive in this thread. Please learn how to use the rep system. Thanks.

Gee Idunno, sometimes I get more rep from making jokes than doing detailed analysis. [that wasn't me btw]

• 3 months later...
Tigers. They have already had discussion with Boras Corp, and the Tigers are a Boras team.
Is this something you are surmising on your own, or do you have a source that is telling you this? Doesn't make much sense. Tigers were reported interested in Gordon and Cespedes earlier, then they said they were no longer in on them. Both would make more sense than Davis in LF.

• 1 month later...
Is this something you are surmising on your own, or do you have a source that is telling you this? Doesn't make much sense. Tigers were reported interested in Gordon and Cespedes earlier, then they said they were no longer in on them. Both would make more sense than Davis in LF.

Prince. Just Prince and Scherzer.

o

(POSTED JULY 25th, 2015)

o

The Orioles.

(POSTED AUGUST 1st, 2015)

I'm glad that he's still here.

(POSTED AUGUST 5th, 2015)

Now, I'm REALLY GLAD that he is still here.

(POSTED AUGUST 15th, 2015)

Now, I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY glad that he is still here.

And I hope that we find a way to keep him here.

(POSTED SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2015)

Roy Firestone said that we HAVE TO sign Davis.

So, let's do it.

The fact that he's a good defensive 1st baseman makes it imperative, in my rat's ass of an opinion.

(POSTED SEPTEMBER 4th, 2015)

o

Pretty please, with carob-coated rice cakes on top ??? ):pray:

ooo Done.

Archived