O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zero Chance. Zero.

He would break the de facto Adam Jones position player cap before Machado, if it happened. I wouldn't want him if it left us short on Machado jellybeans, but he could be a nice Grant to Jordan/Pippen over the next few years.

An Upton Baltimore extension would take Wieters salary slot for sure, so on some level it boils down to which Grant do we want complementing Manny and AJ the next few years.

If we got Upton, I feel like it'd be Baltimore's St. Louis moment, with Upton in the Rolen/McFwire/Edmonds/Holliday role. Rent a star, get him to fall in love with the team/city, save a few percentage points on your multi-million dollar investment.

If we got Upton, I feel like it'd be Baltimore's St. Louis moment, with Upton in the Rolen/McFwire/Edmonds/Holliday role. Rent a star, get him to fall in love with the team/city, save a few percentage points on your multi-million dollar investment.

Yeah. Those days are gone. It's not like that any longer. If it were, Nelson would be the Baltimore DH. Nelson did not even care about playing for a WINNING team.

@Ken_Rosenthal: As @jonmorosi tweeted on 7/19 - and @jaysonst reported today - #Orioles indeed after JUpton, per sources. Adam Jones said to be JUp fan.

I'm still waiting for the Orioles' beat writers to throw water on the fire. The fact that it hasn't happened yet makes me feel like this could actually happen.

Yeah. Those days are gone. It's not like that any longer. If it were, Nelson would be the Baltimore DH. Nelson did not even care about playing for a WINNING team.

To be fair, Seattle should be a winning team. It baffles me to no end that they can't put it all together.

Archived