O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. It's why I haven't been able to watch them lately. Don't get any pleasure out of watching them while rooting for them to lose' date=' but that's where I've been over the last week and a half or so.[/quote']

I am sorry to hear that you are like that. I found you to be an interesting voice sometimes.

That's too much if we're taking on Gyorko, IMO.

Gryko is the strangest guy he had a great rookie year and the Padres inked him up at 24 which i thought was a great move buying out some years the kind of move i like smaller market teams to do and then all the sudden he just fell off the cliff the alst two years. If you get him with Brady it could be a huge bounce back he has the talent and is still young.

No one is suggesting to trade Gausman for a rental.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Half the posts in this thread mention Gausman. Isn't the point of this potential trade to get Upton? We don't even know what SP would be included on their end.

That's too much if we're taking on Gyorko, IMO.

They should be giving us Justin Upton, and possibly Tyson Ross, practically for free if we're taking Gyorko. He's not even a replacement level player and owed $30 million dollars and change. It's that bad.

Though, he is a West Virginia native IIRC, perhaps being close to home with a change of scenery could lead to a revitalization. If I were getting him for a couple million bucks I'd be willing to take the chance.

Yeah. Me too. Winning sucks. I much preferred the 15 years of nothing but losing where we were probably the most irrelevant and mismanaged team in baseball. Let's go back to that.
Yeah. This.

I'd like for the team to keep winning.

MLB has the O's at ~14% to make the playoffs, Fangraphs has them at ~19% (yah run differential!).

I don't want to give up anything of real value to bump those numbers to 17 and 22.

For everyone that is saying Dan is simply padding his resume. Do you think for a minute that this has not been discussed with the Angelos family, Brady and Buck?

Really?

weams...dear, sweet, innocent, weams. Don't you get it? DD is a mastermind. An enigma wrapped in a mystery enshrined in a bacon sandwich. The cacophony of hayseeds that is the Angelos family can't keep up with DD's machinations.

Of course, everyone on the internet sees through his ruse.

Just not the people who pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

Gryko is the strangest guy he had a great rookie year and the Padres inked him up at 24 which i thought was a great move buying out some years the kind of move i like smaller market teams to do and then all the sudden he just fell off the cliff the alst two years. If you get him with Brady it could be a huge bounce back he has the talent and is still young.

Is it possible that he was just one of those total, Steve Pearce, Luke Scott, Mark Reynolds, Joe Charboneau, Elvis Andress, flukes?

For everyone that is saying Dan is simply padding his resume. Do you think for a minute that this has not been discussed with the Angelos family, Brady and Buck?

Really?

No,because it is not close to happening. I know he talks to Buck.Maybe have talked about Revere and Victorino. One is by land,two is by sea.

Is it possible that he was just one of those total, Steve Pearce, Luke Scott, Mark Reynolds, Joe Charboneau, Elvis Andress, flukes?

Gyrko has talent; his issue has always been that he hasn't made the adjustments after league adjusted to him. Think of the kid who has hit at every level and is stubborn to coaching. That's how gyorko is perceived

So if not for Gryko we would have to give up even MORE??? Because that package right there already seems like a ton.

I think people over value prospect on here and if you look now to trade for a top piece at the deadline you have to give up something. Upton and Ross were both All-stars last season. Uptons' trade value is equal to Gausman and the pcik most likely. So you are trading Wright and Sisco for a starter who mad eht all star team just last year and still two and half years of control. I am not saying it is a good deal or not but that is the market you would have to pay to get that talent in return.

Yep. It's why I haven't been able to watch them lately. Don't get any pleasure out of watching them while rooting for them to lose' date=' but that's where I've been over the last week and a half or so.[/quote']

Well this might be the lamest thing I've read in a while. No offense

Archived