O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of move can we REALISTICALLY expect to be made? Maybe Raja Davis?

Or is no moves the most realistic outcome?

My guess is DD will do some patch work trades such as a Raja or some other type of player with similar attributes.

What kind of move can we REALISTICALLY expect to be made? Maybe Raja Davis?

Or is no moves the most realistic outcome?

My guess is DD will do some patch work trades such as a Raja or some other type of player with similar attributes.

Leadoff outfielder is what we need.

Gyrko has talent; his issue has always been that he hasn't made the adjustments after league adjusted to him. Think of the kid who has hit at every level and is stubborn to coaching. That's how gyorko is perceived

Do you hear him say things out there that substantiate that in a way that we back East aren't aware of?

What big talent? Teams weren't going to give us cost controlled studs for our cost controlled prospects.

Who said anything about cost-controlled? I'm talking about guys who might have helped the Orioles win in 2013 and 2014. I'll give you a good example. During the 2012/13 offseason there were stories that the Orioles inquired about Giancarlo Stanton after the Marlins sold everybody else off and Stanton was unhappy. But it was reported that the O's didn't want to give up Bundy or Gausman. I said at the time that I'd give them BOTH Bundy and Gausman. And if not Stanton, there are plenty of big players who were unloaded for less than what Bundy or Gausman's perceived value was at the time.

Gausman is going NOWHERE. Especially for a rental and ESPECIALLY after tonights performance.

Not even if they were able to use Gausman as the centerpiece of a package that netted them Carlos Gonzalez, still under control through 2017? You never know.

Worked OK for the Rays.

And the Nats.

And the Astros.

The #1 overall draft pick is the booby prize awarded to the most pathetic loser in all of major league baseball each season. I firmly believe that a new rule should be instituted. In order to claim that prize the "winning" franchise's GM has to walk to the podium wearing a dunce cap and full clown's costume. If he refuses to do so, then the pick is forfeited and that team doesn't get to pick until position 31.

Now things are in perspective.

Who said anything about cost-controlled? I'm talking about guys who might have helped the Orioles win in 2013 and 2014. I'll give you a good example. During the 2012/13 offseason there were stories that the Orioles inquired about Giancarlo Stanton after the Marlins sold everybody else off and Stanton was unhappy. But it was reported that the O's didn't want to give up Bundy or Gausman. I said at the time that I'd give them BOTH Bundy and Gausman. And if not Stanton, there are plenty of big players who were unloaded for less than what Bundy or Gausman's perceived value was at the time.

Where did you say that? I don't remember you from 2012 and 2013?

The #1 overall draft pick is the booby prize awarded to the most pathetic loser in all of major league baseball each season. I firmly believe that a new rule should be instituted. In order to claim that prize the "winning" franchise's GM has to walk to the podium wearing a dunce cap and full clown's costume. If he refuses to do so, then the pick is forfeited and that team doesn't get to pick until position 31.

Now things are in perspective.

Yes. And if the team sheds it's GM that got them there, they should lose the ability to pick in the first round. They should have to keep the dunce. I'm with you.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In related news, Padres fans all have medical marijuana cards and use them regularly. <a href="https://t.co/RVm5zMv03a">https://t.co/RVm5zMv03a</a></p>? Jamie (@primetime667083) <a href="
">July 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oNDKCHGW70w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was gonna trade for Machado

But then I got high

But then I got high

Stanton was cost controlled, and there really isn't much evidence the Marlins tried to trade him, and our inability to part with Bundy or Gausman held the deal up. So I'm not sure that is a good example.

Archived