Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would have like to trade for Bruce. Hopefully I'm wrong though and Parra gives us a boost the rest of the year and we end up winning the division!

Mets are offering at least Zack Wheeler for Bruce, and maybe another player as well. We really can't offer anything comparable to that, can we? Bruce wasn't really an option for us today, so comparing Parra with Bruce is irrelevant, IMO.

This sort of pathetic move just-to-do-something, nearly a side-grade, is why we should not be buying. We gain like .5 wins from this for a good pitcher on his way up? Just senseless. I've said this is numerous other threads, but DD shouldn't be allowed to make trades at the deadline.

Not really a fan of this deal only because Parra is a rental. If we were playingb better and not hovering around .500 I wouldn't mind it as much. I just don't see Parra making this team that much better.

This sort of pathetic move just-to-do-something, nearly a side-grade, is why we should not be buying. We gain like .5 wins from this for a good pitcher on his way up? Just senseless. I've said this is numerous other threads, but DD shouldn't be allowed to make trades at the deadline.

You are being silly.

He is an offensive upgrade, but here's some defensive perspective:

Parra 2015: -2.1 dWAR

Lough 2015: 1.8 dWAR (in like half the games)

I agree our offense needs help, but our pitching staff is predicated on superior defense. Just too much for a rental.

Here's hoping he sets the world on fire...

Archived