Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

I agree with the trades Duquette has made, although Ed Rod was a steep price to pay for Miller. Ed Rod might have been the only way the O's would have gotten Miller.

I am more disappointed that the trade of a pitcher like Davies who is ranked the 20th best prospect traded at the deadline is devastating to the O's minor league depth. I don't think Davis would even make most teams top 10 prospects.

Its good to see Hader is only ranked 17th best prospect (nothing against him). To hear some people on the board go on and on, he must be the 2nd coming of Cy Young.

I view the Davies deal similar to how I viewed the Miller deal. If it results in an AL Championship appearance and the corresponding bump in revenue, it's a pill you can swallow. But it's a very steep price to pay for a two month rental and I would feel much more comfortable making that type of move if Baltimore was better at at acquiring and developing cheap in-house talent.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Lee threw seven Scoreless innings, With four hits, a level up from where Houston was pitching him. He's a lefty. And 22.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles are planning to send pitchers Elih Villanueva and Terry Doyle to AAA Norfolk for their next starts with Chris Lee from Fred 2 Bowie.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">August 2, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with the trades Duquette has made, although Ed Rod was a steep price to pay for Miller. Ed Rod might have been the only way the O's would have gotten Miller.

I am more disappointed that the trade of a pitcher like Davies who is ranked the 20th best prospect traded at the deadline is devastating to the O's minor league depth. I don't think Davis would even make most teams top 10 prospects.

Its good to see Hader is only ranked 17th best prospect (nothing against him). To hear some people on the board go on and on, he must be the 2nd coming of Cy Young.

The group of players that included Hader and Davies was said by BA to rank between 150-200 among all MiL prospects. Hence, yes you'd expect Davies to rank in the top 10 in most organizations.

He's been a sparkplug and an excellent defender.

He's looked good defensively, but it's hard to say that Parra has been a sparkplug with the bat. He's 6-for-29 with one XBH since joining the Orioles. Obviously it's a small sample size, and I think he'll be fine for the rest of the year, but so far he hasn't brought any added production to the lineup.

o

Parra's first home run as an Oriole was a timely one.

It cut the Angels' lead to a single run, helping keep the Orioles in the contest.

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

The Orioles miss the playoffs without Parra, they miss them with Parra

Zach Davies may be an effective pitcher for many years. It was another stupid trade by a GM who refuses to make realistic asessments of his talent and act accordingly

Davies is a scrap type pitcher...he'll be no better than a 5th starter / long man. Stop overreacting. Parra is not lighting things up ..... But thus will likely go down as a forgettable deal.

But he has a much shakier offensive track record.

If the guys in the know think his advancements this year are sustainable then sure.

I was about to post. He just broke out this year I believe.

I don't think anyone would have given Kakes that deal and I loved Kakes.

His absence of power is crazy.

He's looked good defensively, but it's hard to say that Parra has been a sparkplug with the bat. He's 6-for-29 with one XBH since joining the Orioles. Obviously it's a small sample size, and I think he'll be fine for the rest of the year, but so far he hasn't brought any added production to the lineup.

Over his career he has been about average as a hitter. i guess he is better then the 4A club guys the Orioles have put out on the corners. He also is having one of his better offensive years. So what would you pay him?

Is DWAR a good judge of anything? They say Parra is a really good outfielder but DWAR has him negative for both this year and last.

I was about to post. He just broke out this year I believe.

I don't think anyone would have given Kakes that deal and I loved Kakes.

His absence of power is crazy.

Nick said his power will come back next year. Surgery in the off season hurt his power. We will see. Nick is not having a bad year for a lead off guy. Gets on base and gets doubles. I think if his power comes back somewhat next year ,the contract would not be the worst of this offseason.

Archived