vs. TIGERS, 8/01

OFFNY

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still surprised Davis is in RF. Im aware that Paredes is the true DH and Wieters wouldn't have a place in the lineup, but it seems like it is not the reason to Buck. He just wants him in RF.

It's like they want him to play RF to increase his value to the Yankees (who would love his bat at Yankee Stadium but are pretty much set at DH & 1B for a couple years).

Im still surprised Davis is in RF. Im aware that Paredes is the true DH and Wieters wouldn't have a place in the lineup, but it seems like it is not the reason to Buck. He just wants him in RF.

I thought it was the only way to get Wieters in the game otherwise.

He's good there. :noidea: With Parm gone and Pearce down it seems like Buck is auditioning EVERYone at first. See what he has.

I thought it was the only way to get Wieters in the game otherwise.

But Buck has been doing this and putting Flaherty at first even when Ryan is in the midst of an 0 for 20.

So clearly Buck has some twisted desire to see Davis in RF.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree that Irvin is not in our "big 3", but if he continues to pitch well, it would be great to have a lefty starter in OPACY for the playoffs.   I don't think we should be heading into the postseason counting on Kimbrel for the 9th inning.  The rest of this roster is good enough to win a championship; they need a top tier closer.  
    • In terms of team needs hard throwing bullpen arm ranks first for me over starting pitcher even with Means injury. It's very possible Elias trades for a couple pitchers at the trade deadline with one of them being a starter. A reliever that can throw upper 90's will go a long way in the second half and playoffs.
    • Right. If Bradfield gets the ball into the gaps it’s almost an automatic double with his speed. 
    • I’m kind of confused with the “coming to earth a bit” idea/notion/words. He has had 2 bad outings ALL SEASON. And all of his numbers are still SUPERIOR in every way to any reliever on our roster.  The talent difference between what he can do and what our best two guys combined can do is very wide! Again, he has had two bad outings. One recently against the Rays and the other about 4/5 appearances ago against the Rockies. He is literally the very best reliever that we could acquire.
    • I’m not really worried about his performance, I’m worried about his injury history And the probability that it would interfere with him and the rest of the season. However, He is coming down to earth a bit; it’s not just his last outing, but his last few outings, I think. Still love to have him, but the price I would be willing to pay has decreased a little bit.
    • Well that explains how we keep ending up with bad relievers off the trash heap.
    • Mateo has an open stance at the plate and also stands back from the plate. Hence, he is very susceptible to the  slider or sweeper off the plate. I was expecting a strike out last night with runners on first and third. In fact, he had two swings and misses at outside breaking pitches during that at bat. But, the pitcher threw one that was in the wrong place and Mateo ripped it. He is doing a good job of staying on those pitches he can handle. And, as stated above, not quite as prone to wave at outside breaking stuff. He is fun to watch.
  • Popular Contributors