vs. NATIONALS, 9/23

OFFNY

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i didn't have an issue leaving him in. He had not allowed a run since the 1st. How can williams trust those guys in the pen that sucked down the stretch? I don't agree with the argument the season is over for them either. Do i think they will catch the mets, heck no??but they can't have that attitude.

tttop.

I didn't have an issue leaving him in. He had not allowed a run since the 1st. How can Williams trust those guys in the pen that sucked down the stretch? I don't agree with the argument the season is over for them either. Do I think they will catch the Mets, heck no??but they can't have that attitude.

120 pitches. When the tying run gets on base it's automatic, you take him about, I don't care who he is.

o

If we hang on to beat the Nationals for the 2nd consecutive night, the New York Mets owe us.

Remember when we essentially GAVE the D-Rays our best relief pitcher (Chad Bradford) for the stretch run in 2008 ???

I'm convinced that that was a swift kick in the balls to both the Yankees and the Red Sox by Andy MacPhail.

If we wind up playing a big part in helping them (the Mets) avoid pulling a 1964 Phillies or a 2007 Mets, they owe us ...... they can be creative, and think of something.

tttop.

Casey Jannsen is better than Max? How can he trust him? Not talking about a run of the mill pitcher. Williams gets ripped for taking Zimmerman out in the playoffs last year. Say what you want to about him as a manager his pen has let him and Davey Johnson down when it has counted the most.

Lol, make a few more excuses. He had hundreds of at bats in extended spring training. His walk rate and power have been abysmal. He has had a ton of cheap flare hits or it would be even uglier. He has zero speed and little defensive value right now. Matt is a negative WAR player this year IMO in over HALF A SEASON. He has only played in 67 because he has taken every other day off. He should have a very quick bat because of the rest. He doesn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, gotta disagree.

I think a lot of it the surgery and the recovery.

And the last time I checked (which wasn't long ago) his "negative WAR" consists of a total of a tenth of a point.

Archived