vs. NATIONALS, 9/23

OFFNY

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe how bad Matt has hit this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recovery from TJ surgery and only 67 games. His avg is in line with past seasons. Just lack of power and being late on balls.. Not a big deal 15 months post TJ surgery and 3 months post DL return and lack of abs in minors.

Actually, the White Sox are my 2nd favorite team.

I do like the Mets, though.

That miracle run that they had in 1973 was amazing.

Oooops' date=' my bad. My memory isn't what it used to be (a medication side effect).

I wasn't born yet in 73 but as long as you don't say 69' Mets ;) I'm good. I'm going to have to google the 73 Mets after the game.[/quote']

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the real Miracle Mets were the 1973 team, not the 1969 team.

The 1969 team won 100 games, and swept the Braves in the NLCS.

The 1973 Mets made it to the World Series with a record of 82-79 with one rain-out ...... that is the worst record ever for a team that has made it to the World Series.

The 1973 Mets also were in last place on August 30th ........ that's right, they went from last place to first place in the final month of the season.

Then they beat the heavily favored Cincinnati Red Machine in that year's N.L.C.S.

Finally, they pushed one of the all-time great teams (the 1972-1974 Oakland Athletics) to the brink in the World Series, 4 games to 3.

What the 1969 Mets and the 1973 Mets had in common were excellent pitching, and good defense.

The Post will crucify him.They have already.

I didn't have an issue leaving him in. He had not allowed a run since the 1st. How can Williams trust those guys in the pen that sucked down the stretch? I don't agree with the argument the season is over for them either. Do I think they will catch the Mets, heck no??but they can't have that attitude.

Archived