No David Price, Thank You

JR Oriole

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess at this point we wouldn't want a rotation consisting of David Price, Kershaw and Arrieta. Just thought someone should update this

I would take David Price in the Orioles' starting rotation in a second ...... especially since he hasn't missed any practices, or said something inflammatory to the press lately.

Harvey, I'm not so sure about (please don't ask me if I'm kidding. I give you all credit enough to know the answer to that.)

Also, as I pointed out in the ALCS thread yesterday, Price's final line of 5 runs over 6.67 innings pitced was very bad.

But if you look at what actually happened in that game ......

Price had an outstanding first 6 innings yesterday before it all came apart for him in the 7th.

In addition to putting up the 6 goose-eggs that he did, he did it on only 66 pitches ...... and after ceding a single to lead off the game, he then retired the next 18 consecutive batters.

It all came apart for him in the 7th inning, but even that began with a major blunder by a blunder by 2 of his fielders, who turned what should have been a sure out (and what would have been the 19th consecutive batter that Price would have retired) into a lead-off single.

Price unquestionably came unglued in the 7th inning of the playoff game on Saturday.

That may or may not have happened if his defense had not started the inning out with that gaffe, and forced him to pitch from the stretch for the rest of the inning (and just as significantly, gave life to a previously lifeless Royals offense that had been completely befuddled by Price up until that point.)

Price unquestionably came unglued in the 7th inning of the playoff game on Saturday.

That may or may not have happened if his defense had not started the inning out with that gaffe, and forced him to pitch from the stretch for the rest of the inning (and just as significantly, gave life to a previously lifeless Royals offense that had been completely befuddled by Price up until that point.)

Plus, as we know, KC is a buzzsaw with the favoritism of the baseball gods and there is nothing Price or any human being can do about that.

Are there a group of statistically poor regular season pitchers that do well in the playoffs? Let's get a rotation of those guys

Right. It's definitely more important that we have pitchers that will lead us to 100 losses. But, man, IF we had made the playoffs, we woulda won it all! ;)

I guess all O's fans have their own methods for dealing with the realities that the O's simply will NOT seriously court upper tier FA.......especially pitchers.

If his postseason performance makes it easier to accept that Price was never coming to Baltimore, then I think that's a good strategy to approach the offseason.

I guess all O's fans have their own methods for dealing with the realities that the O's simply will NOT seriously court upper tier FA.......especially pitchers.

If his postseason performance makes it easier to accept that Price was never coming to Baltimore, then I think that's a good strategy to approach the offseason.

If you see David Price speaking into a microphone on national television this off-season, saying the words, "I always dreamed of being an Oriole," will you buy me a cold Gatorade ???

If you see David Price speaking into a microphone on national television this off-season, saying the words, "I always dreamed of being an Oriole," will you buy me a cold Gatorade ???

Uh, fine by me if I get a cold Gatorade if he doesn't say those words this offseason. :)

Deal?

I guess all O's fans have their own methods for dealing with the realities that the O's simply will NOT seriously court upper-tier FA ....... especially pitchers.

If his postseason performance makes it easier to accept that Price was never coming to Baltimore, then I think that's a good strategy to approach the off-season.

Uh, fine by me if I get a cold Gatorade if he doesn't say those words this off-season. :)

Deal?

Ooo Deal.

I'd be thrilled to have Price.

Archived