Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mozeliak: ?Dynamic? Signing Unlikely For Cardinals http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/cardinals-sign-alex-gordon-unlikely.html Who's left? LAA if they miss out on Cespedes, Upton, and Gordon?

Per the Orioles link about this subject ....So Roch says that Upton has the Orioles attention and they are attempting to sign him ....The MLBTR guys comments at the bottom ....

Also per Kubatko (tweet), Duquette will use some of the money budgeted for Davis on other players. However, the club probably will not spend all of it this winter. To me, that seems to rule out a pursuit of Justin Upton or Alex Gordon

Orioles free agent Steve Pearce is “under consideration,” per Duquette (tweet). Entering his age 33 season, Pearce has compiled 5.6 career WAR over parts of nine campaigns. However, 4.9 of those wins were earned in his excellent 2014 season. He declined dramatically in 2015 over a similar number of plate appearances. He did fill a useful utility role by playing at first, second, and both corner outfields last season

I hope this is not true ...as I think Pearce is a step back into the bargain bin.

Per Roch

The Orioles signed left-handers Jeff Beliveau and Zack Dodson and outfielder Rubi Silva to minor league deals, according to Baseball America's transactions page.

Beliveau, who turns 29 next month, has posted a 4.00 ERA in 58 major league games over four seasons. He appeared in five games with the Rays this year and allowed four runs and six hits in 2 2/3 innings before undergoing surgery in April to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.

Dodson, 25, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Pirates in 2009 out of Medina Valley (Texas) High School. He was 7-10 with a 3.67 ERA in 28 games (27) starts this year at Double-A Altoona.

The Cubs released Silva, 26, in August. He's a career. 282/.305/.429 hitter in five minor league seasons and has played all three outfield positions and second base.

Really compiling the LHP's in the upper minors. Boy, when we have a weakness, DD goes all out sometimes. Jones, Berry, Mac, Rifenhauser, Olmos, Miranda, Beliveau, Dodson, Lee. Hopefully some of these darts hit for a LH starter and reliever.

Silva had 83K's and only 5BB's in AAA last year. Still OPS'd .780.

So, instead of spending the "special" Davis money on a significant piece, we'll grab a couple of players that collectively will have less worth than Upton. Sounds about right.

So, we lose Cruz, and replace him with nothing, basically. Now we'll lose Davis and replace him with Steve Pearce and a cast of characters?

So, instead of spending the "special" Davis money on a significant piece, we'll grab a couple of players that collectively will have less worth than Upton. Sounds about right.

So, we lose Cruz, and replace him with nothing, basically. Now we'll lose Davis and replace him with Steve Pearce and a cast of characters?

There is no reason to spend money just to spend it you have to trust your scouts and everything and use the money correctly the worst thing this fanchise can do is go out and give Upton a 7 year deal for 140 million or so just for the case of spending money if they do not believe he is a player worth it for this team not only this season but in the upcomming years. Now you can argue for or against if any of those players would be worth the money but if the team does not feel they are then they shouldn't just throw the money out just to appease the fans. IMO the only guy worth a contract for this team is Gordan or Davis as I think we have the guys from the right side already.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Johnny Cueto has an agreement with the Giants, pending a physical.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ETA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">cueto has agreement with giants. 6-year deal.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

There is no reason to spend money just to spend it you have to trust your scouts and everything and use the money correctly the worst thing this fanchise can do is go out and give Upton a 7 year deal for 140 million or so just for the case of spending money if they do not believe he is a player worth it for this team not only this season but in the upcomming years. Now you can argue for or against if any of those players would be worth the money but if the team does not feel they are then they shouldn't just throw the money out just to appease the fans. IMO the only guy worth a contract for this team is Gordan or Davis as I think we have the guys from the right side already.

God knows they do not want to appease the fans

Seems like the second-tier guys should start signing up soon now that Cueto is out of the way.

Yeah this could be a big week. Most of the players want an idea of were they are playing by the holiday season so I expect this week to be a big week. It will be intersting to see how how some of these other teams go on payroll. The Giants now look to be at 170 million already with the arb guys. Does that leave them out of a big bat or will they have a 200 million payroll.

Cueto gets 6/$130M

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Johnny Cueto's deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SFGiants?src=hash">#SFGiants</a> is for six years and $130M with an opt out after 2 years.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

Archived