Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Here's something else that's nice about him:

Pitch 01-25: .735 OPS against

Pitch 26-50: .628

Pitch 51-75: .693

Pitch 76-100: .714

He does drop off a bit but really he stays pretty consistent through the second-third time in the lineup.

Incidentally he's started 66 career games and 63 of them he went at least 76 pitches.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does drop off a bit but really he stays pretty consistent through the second-third time in the lineup.

Incidentally he's started 66 career games and 63 of them he went at least 76 pitches.

Hmmm..... so he'd fit in here. Interesting.

You don't think they can get better then Brach from another team?

Maybe. Just pure speculation on my part during the boring part of the offseason. But Brach is a beast. Pitches a ton of innings out of the pen with a good k/9. Plus he's cost controlled for 3 years. He doesn't have the fancy saves stats that a lot of other arms that have been dealt have had but his numbers are top notch.

We obviously chose to keep oday and Britton. If we can do a reliever for a starter trade we should all day. I see it as a good match for both teams. we may have to kick in a little more. Maybe the comp pick B. The Dodgers loved that the last time.

Maybe. Just pure speculation on my part during the boring part of the offseason. But Brach is a beast. Pitches a ton of innings out of the pen with a good k/9. Plus he's cost controlled for 3 years. He doesn't have the fancy saves stats that a lot of other arms that have been dealt have had but his numbers are top notch.

We obviously chose to keep oday and Britton. If we can do a reliever for a starter trade we should all day. I see it as a good match for both teams. we may have to kick in a little more. Maybe the comp pick B. The Dodgers loved that the last time.

I think we could get a decent pitcher for Brach. LA would be interested, as would someone like Pittsburgh or DC.

This feels like Tillman through 4 innings.

*I've not looked it up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dodgers?src=hash">#Dodgers</a> really signed Kenta Maeda w/an AAV of $3 million, they must have been only team to agree to $20 million release fee.</p>— Phil Rogers (@philgrogers) <a href="

">January 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Kenta Maeda’s contract is for eight years and $24 million with plenty of*incentives <a href="https://t.co/7EkVpFTKbJ">https://t.co/7EkVpFTKbJ</a></p>— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="

Easy enough to test out.

If you are the Dodgers would you take Brach or demand Givens?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Kenta Maeda’s contract is for eight years and $24 million with plenty of*incentives <a href="https://t.co/7EkVpFTKbJ">https://t.co/7EkVpFTKbJ</a></p>— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="

Christopher Meola, who broke the news of the Dodgers agreeing to a deal with Kenta Maeda on Thursday, reports that the deal is an eight-year pact worth $24 million plus incentives.

According to Meola, the right-hander can earn an additional $10-12 million per season in incentives. It's certainly a creative way to structure the deal, as the Dodgers are only guaranteeing $3 million a year, limiting their overall risk. The 27-year-old hurler registered a 2.09 ERA, 1.01 WHIP and 175/41 K/BB ratio over 206 1/3 innings in his final season in Japan.

Christopher Meola, who broke the news of the Dodgers agreeing to a deal with Kenta Maeda on Thursday, reports that the deal is an eight-year pact worth $24 million plus incentives.

According to Meola, the right-hander can earn an additional $10-12 million per season in incentives. It's certainly a creative way to structure the deal, as the Dodgers are only guaranteeing $3 million a year, limiting their overall risk. The 27-year-old hurler registered a 2.09 ERA, 1.01 WHIP and 175/41 K/BB ratio over 206 1/3 innings in his final season in Japan.

Wow. Great deal for that club. Max at 12-15 a year for a solid starter over 8 years. If he doesn't achieve, pretty minimal cost. Team's dream, unless someone can convince me otherwise...

Edited to correct numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Great deal for that club. Max at 12-15 a year for a solid starter over 8 years. If he doesn't achieve, pretty minimal cost. Team's dream, unless someone can convince me otherwise...

Before a pitch has been thrown it is definitely the pitching deal of the off season so far. It is almost an anti-opt out structure. That craze must not be big in Japan yet.

It certainly seems the posting fee significantly lowers the contract the players receive.

Before a pitch has been thrown it is definitely the pitching deal of the off season so far. It is almost an anti-opt out structure. That craze must not be big in Japan yet.

Or. Maybe he just wants to make certain he never has to do back in shame, A eight year MLB career at substantial money.

Archived