Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops sorry, not a FA until 2019, seems like we have had him for longer

Even so he is getting quite expensive and we really really need help at COF

Perhaps some other bullpen guys? Seems like we need to deal from strength to plug a gaping hole in the OF.

If we could have trade a package of bullpen guys for a starting OF'er I think we should have done it.

I'm much more worried about the OF, especially defensively than I am about a 5th starter

What he said. Britton for Dickerson would've been a bad deal.
Also, we have Britton for 3 more years.

Dickerson's a FA in 2020, so the deal would be more about how the player fits than service time. Britton for Dickerson would have been dealing from strength to cover a weakness.

Well nice try...

but actually there has been threads on whether we should trade for a Colorado outfielder and we were mentioned on MLB trade rumors as one of the teams talking with Colorado about a trade for an OF'er

so jeez there must be another reason? What could it be I wonder?

Well nice try...

but actually there has been threads on whether we should trade for a Colorado outfielder and we were mentioned on MLB trade rumors as one of the teams talking with Colorado about a trade for an OF'er

so jeez there must be another reason? What could it be I wonder?

You mean the thread that got merged with the catch-all Rumors thread that's specifically for stuff that's tangentially related to the Orioles like a trade of Dickerson whom someone might have thought was an Oriole target?

Perhaps some other bullpen guys? Seems like we need to deal from strength to plug a gaping hole in the OF.

If we could have trade a package of bullpen guys for a starting OF'er I think we should have done it.

I'm much more worried about the OF, especially defensively than I am about a 5th starter

If you were really worried about OF defense, then you'd know that Dickerson is not the guy you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize that there's an MLB section for non Orioles news, right?

Also, we have Britton for 3 more years.

...on page 189 of the thread?

Regardless, the O's have been linked to Colorado's outfielder surplus this winter. Dickerson's trade to a division rival is relevant on multiple fronts.

Funny how a thread titled Dickerson to Rays gets deleted after 10 minutes

but a thread titled Fister to Astros survives for 6 pages

good to know I'm on the wrong side of the thought police

Your thread was not deleted, it was merged.

...on page 189 of the thread?

Regardless, the O's have been linked to Colorado's outfielder surplus this winter. Dickerson's trade to a division rival is relevant on multiple fronts.

He posted a thread that said "Dickerson to the Rays". It was merged into this thread.

for Jake McGhee

think we could have gotten him for Zach Britton?

McGee: 4.127 years' service time, 2.77 ERA (all in relief), 11.1 K/9, 2.5 BB/9, due to make $4.8 mm in 2016.

Britton: 3.158 years' service time, 3.70 ERA (1.72 in relief) , 7.0 K/9 (8.8), 3.4 BB/9 (2.3), due to make $5.9-7.5 mm in 2016.

I'd consider them pretty close. Britton's under team control for a year longer, but he's also more expensive. He has more experience closing games than McGee. I certainly think the Rockies might have preferred Britton to McGee, but it's not certain.

As to whether that is a deal we should have been willing to do, I'd need to know a lot more about Dickerson than what I can read on a stat sheet. I've never seen the guy play, and I'm never quite sure what to make of guys who play for Colorado.

Whoops! Nope. No need to worry about outfielders. We have plenty. One of them will play well.

Funny how a thread titled Dickerson to Rays gets deleted after 10 minutes

but a thread titled Fister to Astros survives for 6 pages

good to know I'm on the wrong side of the thought police

It wasn't deleted. It was move by another moderator to the appropriate place.

Archived