Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

IT COULD BE. It's also most likely NOT TO BE and what if none of those guys want to sign here and someone like Alex Gordon does? You handcuffing our ability to make moves and limiting the talent pool based on a player who may never be and is most likely if successful will not be for at least a 3-4 year period. In addition, you're putting your faith into a front office to make that draft pick that clearly doesn't value selecting the highest upside player in the draft. Manny was a once in a lifetime player/pick for us. Oh and if we don't sign him soon he's gonna be gone too.
MSK Rulz, if we dont rebuild our farm system we will be doomed because we do not have a two billion dollar FOX deal. We need to do it, whether all the picks turn out or not.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MSK Rulz, if we dont rebuild our farm system we will be doomed because we do not have a two billion dollar FOX deal. We need to do it, whether all the picks turn out or not.

I agree but Nobody rebuilds their farm system with one player.

I think you mean no one does it while going small in the international market while simultaneously giving up picks and trading prospects for marginal upgrades.

Hahaha right. The perfect recipe for something I guess. Not sure it's sustained winning.

For a very very brief time, sure. But then he graduates. And then you're barren again....

Or ... when he hits and you trade him, you replenish. In a major way. One guy. Just one. That's all it takes. What could Anaheim get for Trout? Everything Chicago has. Or Boston. All of them.

Archived