Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or ... when he hits and you trade him, you replenish. In a major way. One guy. Just one. That's all it takes. What could Anaheim get for Trout? Everything Chicago has. Or Boston. All of them.

I don't think that's true. But it would be nice if that's how it works out for Baltimore. Personally I don't see them trading Machado. If they were willing to go down that road they'd move Jones right now and put his money to better use. Risk of decline/injury increasing exponentially as we move forward...

I don't think that's true. But it would be nice if that's how it works out for Baltimore. Personally I don't see them trading Machado. If they were willing to go down that road they'd move Jones right now and put his money to better use. Risk of decline/injury increasing exponentially as we move forward...

Whatever. We'll see. Jones is different for so many reasons. BTW, he will be at fanfest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Greinke average annual value of $34.42M shatters previous record of $31M shared by Price and Miguel Cabrera.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey, I'm speaking to your strategy, not mine. I don't think Baltimore will trade Jones or Machado.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How did that opt-out clause work out for Greinke? Two deals combined: Nine years, $282M.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How did that opt-out clause work out for Greinke? Two deals combined: Nine years, $282M.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

Sure, extend Manny with an opt out. If he wants that. He might. Or he might want an opt out from the Yankees. I don't know the inter workings of his circle or the Warehouse.

If Machado is producing above Jones's level, I don't think the Warehouse will be willing to move him for a "full replenishment of the farm."

Not talking producing, math, stats, return. Anything. Jones is Baltimore right now. He's here. Ownership likes him as a man.

If Machado is producing above Jones's level, I don't think the Warehouse will be willing to move him for a "full replenishment of the farm."

Completely random, but you heard anything about Cubs on Carassco? I know they tried to land him last trade deadline but CLE's asking price was too high. Some rumbling that they may be in on him again. Would turn the rotation into a monster.

Not talking producing, math, stats, return. Anything. Jones is Baltimore right now. He's here. Ownership likes him as a man.

That's great. Great news. But then ownership and Duquette can't complain about payroll restrictions when the 1.5 WAR version of Jones is eventually eating-up 15-20% of the payroll. And Ubaldo/Hardy/Britton/whomever it happens to be at the time is also not being moved because "we're trying to win, not rebuild."

There has to be a plan, Weams. At some point, there needs to be a big picture with someone saying "This might not be popular/fun but I guess this is what we need to do." Well, I guess we have that already -- it's just the "unpopular" thing tends to be reclamation projects and/or assets devalued elsewhere. Which gives you a chance for lightening in a bottle and a decent shot at not being "that team" embarrassingly putting together 64 wins on the year.

Completely random, but you heard anything about Cubs on Carassco? I know they tried to land him last trade deadline but CLE's asking price was too high. Some rumbling that they may be in on him again. Would turn the rotation into a monster.

I believe they are going to trade for one more arm and Lackey will be their #4. I also believe they will try to extend Arrieta.

That's great. Great news. But then ownership and Duquette can't complain about payroll restrictions when the 1.5 WAR version of Jones is eventually eating-up 15-20% of the payroll. And Ubaldo/Hardy/Britton/whomever it happens to be at the time is also not being moved because "we're trying to win, not rebuild."

There has to be a plan, Weams. At some point, there needs to be a big picture with someone saying "This might not be popular/fun but I guess this is what we need to do." Well, I guess we have that already -- it's just the "unpopular" thing tends to be reclamation projects and/or assets devalued elsewhere. Which gives you a chance for lightening in a bottle and a decent shot at not being "that team" embarrassingly putting together 64 wins on the year.

It doesn't need to be that plan. It can be the plan that Adam and Buck and Manny and Dan all stay through 2018. It can be that plan. It can be another plan. Many teams have won many different ways. Theo has a good formula. It works well. So did Billy Beane.

Archived