Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Stotle, DD made it clear that he has had trade talks with teams who have signed starting pitchers and have free up some SP depth with their club. Who do you think we are targeting in trades for starting pitchers? I liked Miller but he is gone and for a high price tag.

Joe Kelly and Wade Miley came to mind (Miley has obviously since been moved to Seattle for a nice little package). I am not aware of any deals particularly close with respect to Baltimore acquiring pitching.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stotle, DD made it clear that he has had trade talks with teams who have signed starting pitchers and have free up some SP depth with their club. Who do you think we are targeting in trades for starting pitchers? I liked Miller but he is gone and for a high price tag.

I'd like to get Archie Bradley from Arizona as it looks like he may be bumped from the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Al Lieter just said he thinks Upton is going to Baltimore based on what he has heard and his preference if he was the team.

Cites Jones and Showalter being able to possibly get him back to MVP type player and playing at OPACY should allow him to hit 30-35 HR

I would love to have Upton but this goes against all DD comments on getting some lefty bats

Joe Kelly and Wade Miley came to mind (Miley has obviously since been moved to Seattle for a nice little package). I am not aware of any deals particularly close with respect to Baltimore acquiring pitching.

Correct, but DD keeps citing these deals and I dont see BOS dealing Kelly now that Miley has been dealt. I dont know who he could be referring to when he says some teams have extra depth after they signed some of these FA pitchers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After thinking about it for a few minutes, Shelby Miller trade is Erik Bedard trade. Team gets good pitcher in trade they'll regret quickly.</p>? David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="
">December 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

True, trade looks really bad for Zona, but their team looks a LOT better than Seattle's did at the time. They're favorites right now in the NL West in my book. Let's say for argument's sake, they get to the world series. The trade will look better in the short term.

Seattle lost 101 games the year they traded for Bedard (2008). Ouch.

oles owner Peter Angelos and GM Dan Duquette have made their desire to retain Chris Davis abundantly clear, and Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com sheds some light on just how serious they are in their quest to retain Davis, tweeting that the Orioles offered their former first baseman “in the neighborhood” of $150MM at today’s previously reported meeting with agent Scott Boras. Despite the sizable nature of that offer, talks between the two sides have yet to progress, Kubatko adds.

Wow ....how many years?

Now that is how you rebuild a team. Simply amazing to watch. And will be a fun team to watch pretty soon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Eh.

The tore down a team beginning 18 months ago, that had appeared in 3 of 4 postseasons and had an under 26 core of Freeman, Simmons, Upton, Heyward, Kimbrel, Teheran, Alex Wood, etc.

To save money apparently.

Looks like they're building to something they already had.

They just didn't want to pay for it, until they could extort from the taxpayer a new stadium, cause the "old" one was pushing 20 yeares old.

F--- them.

This was a good trade for them though.

Archived