5 Reasons Why Signing Jason Heyward Makes Sense

mdbdotcom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will not even bid on Heyward. It's CD or bust.

If this is true, its more of the same poor management we have seen the last several

years. Heyward is of the age to sign, he is the type of athlete and player to sign.

CD is a nice power hitter. If you are in fact correct, we will be in a deep hole that will

be hard to climb out of. I said you cannot give a QO to Wieters because he will take it

for sure. Check. Another poor move. DOD should have been QO'd and was not. check.

This team ison a path to nowhere, I fear.

If this is true, its more of the same poor management we have seen the last several

years. Heyward is of the age to sign, he is the type of athlete and player to sign.

CD is a nice power hitter. If you are in fact correct, we will be in a deep hole that will

be hard to climb out of. I said you cannot give a QO to Wieters because he will take it

for sure. Check. Another poor move. DOD should have been QO'd and was not. check.

I think the sense here is CD is a special project for PA, much like the Vlad signing. Vlad was not something AM would have done and CD is not likely something DD would do on his own. I don't think PA wants to hike the payroll for any other players.

You were right about Wieters. So far, wrong about Darren. No idea about Heyward. And no one else knows either. It is an all in with a pair of tens.

By the way, the last few years? We have had a winning team. And traded some good pitching. You are obviously thinking of the days of the other Duquette and Mike Flanagan.

I would give Hayward 10/200 in a heartbeat, and would prefer him over Chris Davis. He's a 6 WAR player right now. He draws walks and plays great defense. We need both those things desperately in right field. His best days are still very likely ahead of him. There's no player I'd rather see the Orioles sign.

Yeah 10/200 seems too good to be true. I'd love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were right about Wieters. So far, wrong about Darren. No idea about Heyward. And no one else knows either. It is an all in with a pair of tens.

In a re-raised pot? Maybe he's strong arming w suited connectors.

If he signs for 10/200 it won't be to play in Baltimore.

I think he has a very good chance to provide surplus value to that contract.

With salaries rising he could provide surplus value in every year under that contract, let alone in the aggregate.

Archived