Yeah Hernandez!!!!!!

GotNitro

BTW, just to show how foolish you are being...

The Orioles have only started off 6-1(or better) 4 times....66, 71, 96 and 98.

3 of those years were playoff years.

So really, you need to stop while you are way behind.

How am I behind? You asked me if I wanted to win, and of course we all do. I merely pointed out that without Tejada the team is doing it better. Their record speaks for itself. They were also 10-6 last year when LH was the starting SS. Coincidence, perhaps, but I think not.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How am I behind? You asked me if I wanted to win, and of course we all do. I merely pointed out that without Tejada the team is doing it better. Their record speaks for itself. They were also 10-6 last year when LH was the starting SS. Coincidence, perhaps, but I think not.

Advocating having inferior players isn't a good way of showing you want winning.

This team is better this year than it was last year...I have been one of the few who thought that. The reason for that has absolutely nothing to do with Hernandez...In fact, we would be even better if we had a real SS out there.

When did they ever start out the season doing it? Big difference. A fast start could make a huge difference possibly. I just don't get all this infatuation for Tejada. Yeah, he could hit, but that was it. I don't miss him in the least and apparently neither do his former teammates as the are playing night and day better without him.

We started off red red red hot in 2005, and where did that leave us? Yea, a fast start is nice, but it hardly guarantees future success.

Advocating having inferior players isn't a good way of showing you winning.

This team is better this year than it was last year...I have been one of the few who thought that. The reason for that has absolutely nothing to do with Hernandez...In fact, we would be even better if we had a real SS out there.

I totally, and vehemently disagree. I think LH adds to the team chemistry by his youthful vigor and superb defense and hustle. I think he is a plus not a negative. So we will just have to agree to disagree.

We started off red red red hot in 2005, and where did that leave us? Yea, a fast start is nice, but it hardly guarantees future success.

True, but so far it is undeniable that the team plays better without Tejada. They were better last season as well when he was out. It is a fact beyond dispute.

I honestly think 2005 was a freak show season. I dont think the losing was really related to the players skills. I think it was disention in the clubhouse caused by the Palmerio/Tejada B-12 fiasco. I think having to give testimony to lawyers about "steriods in the clubhouse" destroyed any concentration they had on Baseball. They had quite a few things on their minds that year. I think they are a different club. They are looser and really I think they benefit from a fast start greatly. It could snowball and lead to some great things.

When did they ever start out the season doing it? Big difference. A fast start could make a huge difference possibly. I just don't get all this infatuation for Tejada. Yeah, he could hit, but that was it. I don't miss him in the least and apparently neither do his former teammates as the are playing night and day better without him.

When have the Orioles ever started the season with Luke Scott, Adam Jones, Scott Moore, Guillermo Quiroz, Matt Albers, George Sherrill, Randor Bierd, Dennis Sarfate, and Greg Aquino?

Its about wins and losses baby, wins and losses. Fantasy stats are just that. (worthless in my estimation.)

Most fantasy leagues use batting average, hits, home runs, RBI, stolen bases, ERA, wins, saves, strikeouts and such.

So, all of those, INCLUDING WINS, are worthless?

True, but so far it is undeniable that the team plays better without Tejada. They were better last season as well when he was out. It is a fact beyond dispute.

I know we have lawyers here that would love to face you in a courtroom, because your idea of facts would not only get you laughed out by the judge and jury, but possibly also arrested for fraud for wasting the public's money, or that of your client.

Right now LH is hitting .364 and he has 2 sac flies and 2 successful sac bunts to boot. Obviously nobody expects him to do that well all season. But batting 9th, where he is rarely going to bat more than 3 times and can be pinch hit for in critical situations, I don't think he will hurt us as badly as I first expected. I'm not in OldFan#5's camp here, but I do think that we may have overestimated the extent to which he'll drag down the offense.

Who the hell cares? They have 6 out of the first 7 games in a season..Big deal.

The Orioles did that with Tejada, just not at the start of the season.

And if you think Hernandez is the reason we are 6-1 to start this season, you are more clueless than everyone on here thinks you are.

He didn't state that Mr. Clueless. Who gives you the right to continually insult posters. I just wish the Mods would treat you like the rest of us. You're just upset because LH has had a good week in contradiction of your many predictions. The team is 6-1, and you want to break up the continuity. Think before you post.

He didn't state that Mr. Clueless. Who gives you the right to continually insult posters. I just wish the Mods would treat you like the rest of us. You're just upset because LH has had a good week in contradiction of your many predictions. The team is 6-1, and you want to break up the continuity. Think before you post.

They treat me worse, trust me, so don't act as if you have any kind of clue about that.

Also, that is what he said...He is clearly acting as if Luis Hernandez is the big reason we are 6-1.

A few minutes ago, I tuned into tonight's Astros-Cardinals game to check out Tejada. Never guess what I saw. With a man on first base, the Cardinals' batter hits a ground ball to short, not far from second base.. Tejada dives and the ball hits the heel of his glove. No official error, but a clean catch would have produced a double play. Instead there are Cardinals at first and second.

A couple batter later, the two runners score on a double to deep right center.

The stats don't show Tejada's poor fielding because official scorers only record errors for the most egregious misplays.

A few minutes ago, I tuned into tonight's Astros-Cardinals game to check out Tejada. Never guess what I saw. With a man on first base, the Cardinals' batter hits a ground ball to short, not far from second base.. Tejada dives and the ball hits the heel of his glove. No official error, but a clean catch would have produced a double play. Instead there are Cardinals at first and second.

A couple batter later, the two runners score on a double to deep right center.

The stats don't show Tejada's poor fielding because official scorers only record errors for the most egregious misplays.

Did you turn it on last night to see him hit the game winning homer?

Archived