Yeah Hernandez!!!!!!

GotNitro

Hey, he's doing great. I hope he never hits a homer the entire season as long as he keeps smaking basehits around like he's been doing. As I said after watching him after two games he has a sweet swing.

Yup, encouraging start for him as well as LH. He can play some defense too, from what I've seen.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, encouraging start for him as well as LH. He can play some defense too, from what I've seen.

Yes he can. His defense is what really surprised me when I first saw him in the OF. Much better than advertised. He also seems like a "gamer" if you know what I mean.

LH deserved this moment for suffering through the criticism he's endured; much of it unwarranted in my opinion.

Let's hope this is the first of many game winning hits for Luis. :) Many meaning like the next four or five years. Is now the time to sign LH to a long-term deal?

LH deserved this moment for suffering through the criticism he's endured; much of it unwarranted in my opinion.

Let's hope this is the first of many game winning hits for Luis. :) Many meaning like the next four or five years. Is now the time to sign LH to a long-term deal?

Why should we hope for this?

You actually want to start the worse hitting position player in baseball for the next several years?

You actually want to start the worse hitting position player in baseball for the next several years?

C'mon... it's April 6th and we're in first place. Have some fun now, since it probably won't last. But this is what 2008 is all about - maybe not a lot of wins, but a bunch of new faces coming through once in a while. Half the fun of '89 was that even Stan Jefferson, Jay Tibbs, and Mickey Weston had a few moments in the sun.

C'mon... it's April 6th and we're in first place. Have some fun now, since it probably won't last. But this is what 2008 is all about - maybe not a lot of wins, but a bunch of new faces coming through once in a while. Half the fun of '89 was that even Stan Jefferson, Jay Tibbs, and Mickey Weston had a few moments in the sun.

I don't disagree with this but talking about LH being a long term fixture is a bit much.

Sometime its not about batting average, its about what your batting average is when the game is on the line. LH aint there yet, just had a moment. For clutch,in O's history see Brooks and Eddie for the stars, unknowns D Ford and Belanger, look at the stats all you stat watchers.

Question, how do they hit when the butt tightens up.

I dont really think he meant for the next couple years.

Give Luis a break.

He has to be somewhat good if he made it to the majors.

I know, I know, you are going to go off on me with all these minor league stats.

He isn't our long term solution and I see no harm in giving him a chance. No one wants him to be the long term solution. They just dont get all pissed when someone even talks about LH.

Not likely. If he were any good he'd have hit a home run. :P

Like Miggy did today, after a triple yesterday.

I miss him. He cd have been part of an Oriole Magic a few years ago....

He handled ever chance effortlessly today. His first step was quick -anticipating the direction. Luis' footwork was graceful and he played each ground ball squarely in front of his body. His release was quick on his throws and he never made Millar stretch for anything. The double play combo with Roberts appeared fluid, almost mirror images. There was a point in the game, prior to the first score, when his fielding definitely helped stifle a further scoring opportunity.

One game, but a confident contribution to the pitching performance of Guthrie.

Why do I get the feeling that you threw something at your TV when Hernandez drove in the winning run today? :P

And yes, I'm joking. I think.

I certainly expect him to be able to get a hit here and there...Today's was very well timed.

I do like that so far he has had a better eye...I think pitchers need to and will challenge him more though.

He's the most popular guy in Baltimore right now for sure.

Unbelievable ending. Seattle just had their own version of the MDM...

Well.. I know this may draw some fire... but if you look at how we've played the first 5 games versus how Seattle had played,

BB's, errors, horrible bullpen, blowing saves after starter throws a Gem..

You could get the idea that the two teams switched "Souls".... and that could only have happened when Bedard went to Seattle. :002_scool:

In the situation he was in today, the only possible hits are normally a single and dinger, right?

How about a ground-rule double? Would that be a double, or is the game over after the run scores and he touches 1B?

Archived