What if...(Britton)

Camden_yardbird

I wouldn't play the name game of possible players we could get for Britton. Britton is a known commodity and we need him to win...

Anyone remember Felix Pie? He was a popular name to toss around as a dreamy prospect - and sucked.

In sum - no, don't trade Britton to dodgers for prospects

Pie was at Junior Lake level of prospect status when we got him. A toolsy OF that was out of options. I'd expect a lot more than Junior Lake or Felix Pie for Britton.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Phillies trade of Giles now includes Appel and Velazquez coming back to Philly.

I'm sorry but the value of closers right now is way to high to not see what you can get for Britton. The Orioles are moronic if they aren't trying to put something together.

Has the market played out?

Rumor has it that Miller is still out there. I am not sure another team is going to give up a comparable package to what we have already seen.

If the Dodgers put Seager or Urias on the table you can't say no. Closers are replaceable, maybe the most replaceable piece of a team. Are there growing pains in finding the new one, sure. Also remember that Britton is going to get very expensive in the next few years.

While Appel's shine has dimmed, I still think that it was a great haul for Giles. Maybe he'll learn to throw strikes in a new system.

Seager or Urias, though? Those are top 10 prospects. I would be SHOCKED if anyone offered anything close to that for any closer.

Archived