Is anything else going to happen before Christmas?

25 Nuggets

IMO, the core, is your daily starters, the ones that get penciled in just about every lineup.

Manny, AJ, JJ, Schoop, Davis (In past seasons)

Yeah, it depends on what core means. You could say that Machado, Jones, Wieters, Trumbo, Hardy, and Schoop make up our core. I just don't like leaving out three starting positions and just waiting on them... plus a middle-of-the-rotation starter. (i.e. Kenta Maeda. I'll keep beating that drum until he signs.)

Yeah, it depends on what core means. You could say that Machado, Jones, Wieters, Trumbo, Hardy, and Schoop make up our core. I just don't like leaving out three starting positions and just waiting on them... plus a middle-of-the-rotation starter. (i.e. Kenta Maeda. I'll keep beating that drum until he signs.)

Again, difference between core and platoon/bench players. You need the guys like Pearce, Flaherty, Lough, etc, to round out your roster.

Still very early in the off-season.

Dan said that he hoped to get some things done before Christmas, so we'll see.

"The club is continuing to recruit players for the 2016 team," Duquette said. "We're going to continue to work this week and into the first part of next week. I think Wednesday (Dec. 23) is the last day and then the industry shuts down until Jan. 2, so between now and next Wednesday we're going to try to add some players to the ballclub."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/12/notes-and-quotes-from-todays-press-conference.html

Archived