Doping Scandal: Taylor Teagarden, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Ryan Zimmerman, Others: Report

Rene88

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Zimmerman's inclusion brings the Nats into the running for Davis?

You don't sign Davis for seven years because Zimmerman might get suspended.

This sentiment reminds me somewhat of Jeff Foxworthy's comment about sex and marriage ....... "Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 to get the free peanuts."

I'll get flamed for this I'm sure, but:

That sentiment in and of itself is fine in my book, and should even be celebrated. But that it's relegated to the underground, makes the nature of the drugs highly questionable in terms of damage done.

I see that quote, then I look at Taylor Teagarden's career...

As for Mr Sly, he denies any involvement.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14441114/documentary-links-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

The report cites the pharmacist, Charlie Sly, who allegedly spoke to an undercover reporter working for the network for an undercover report into doping in global sports. Sly later recanted his story, first to Al Jazeera and then to ESPN.
Sly told ESPN Saturday night that he recanted his story to Al Jazeera when he realized that they had used information he had "made up" to Liam Collins, a British hurdler and the undercover reporter who he says was trying to get into the supplementation business.

Sly told ESPN he was a student intern at The Guyer Institute in 2013 rather than 2011 as the Al Jazeera story alleges.

I see that quote, then I look at Taylor Teagarden's career...

As for Mr Sly, he denies any involvement.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14441114/documentary-links-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

Al-Jazeera is going to get taken to court if they show they didn't verify some of these facts to the best of their ability.

It doesn't look good for Manning that he did have interactions with the company (including off hours) and his wife did receive shipments.

Yup. He needs to retire now. He gets his legacy, still goes to the HOF (there are PED users already in the football HOF and it doesn't quite have the stigma in football) but he's going to lose a lot of endorsement money and he's probably gong to sue if he can.

Yup. He needs to retire now. He gets his legacy, still goes to the HOF (there are PED users already in the football HOF and it doesn't quite have the stigma in football) but he's going to lose a lot of endorsement money and he's probably gong to sue if he can.

If he doesn't sue we will know why.

Lucky for him the sporting fans of this country only care if Baseball players use PEDs.

No way Teagarden gets in the hall now.

Manning is clearly done as a player in any event, so this will have no impact at all on his playing career. And PED's simply are treated as a routine offense by the NFL and its fans, so I think any impact on Manning's legacy will be minimal.

Manning is clearly done as a player in any event, so this will have no impact at all on his playing career. And PED's simply are treated as a routine offense by the NFL and its fans, so I think any impact on Manning's legacy will be minimal.

And the impact will be lessened even more by the timing of it. At least some folks will explain it away since he was recovering from neck surgery at the time.

The old "I did it to get back on the field and help my team mates".

So now he's saying everything was untrue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the whole report... this guy "Sly" is going to try and say that his statements are false? What a joke...every time he turns around he's talking about various athletes, by name, detailing how he knows them and what they're taking.

I guess I just assume that most athletes are cheating, especially when there is money involved. I don't think anyone is exempt.

Archived