Doping Scandal: Taylor Teagarden, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Ryan Zimmerman, Others: Report

Rene88

Yes, it's in the video. He talks about taking the same drugs that Sly is offering to the track guy. Pretty damning unless Teagarden was in on the sales pitch.

Damning and didn't do much for him either. So, if that is real, some other pieces probably are as well. Hopefully this just doesn't expand and get uglier.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damning and didn't do much for him either. So, if that is real, some other pieces probably are as well. Hopefully this just doesn't expand and get uglier.

If it kept him in the majors, the drugs did their job.

I think for every Bonds and McGwire who use drugs to go from great to super-awesome, there are dozens of guys who use to stay in the bigs and make fat paychecks.

I wouldn't put much into the Sly dude changing his story. He's going to attempt to cover his but because he was doing something illegal. That doesn't make him a "bad source" or Al Jazeera's reporting untrue.

Any source who publicly recants or admits to lying about the information is a bad source, which is why it USED to required 2-3 additional sources before releasing a story. One source journalism is basically 'the first liar wins' and it is bums this former journalist out. Al Jazeera was backing off the Manning part of the story today, despite the implication in the 'documentary'.

Any source who publicly recants or admits to lying about the information is a bad source, which is why it USED to required 2-3 additional sources before releasing a story. One source journalism is basically 'the first liar wins' and it is bums this former journalist out. Al Jazeera was backing off the Manning part of the story today, despite the implication in the 'documentary'.

If someone told a reporter that Sly said such-and-such about an athlete then I would agree that the news organization had an obligation to find a second source before airing what would otherwise be hearsay. But these are clear statements made by Sly in person which is something very different. IMO it's a mischaracterization to refer to him as a 'source'. He is certainly someone who would be better served by keeping his big mouth shut. He may also be a liar, but that remains to be seen.

Everyone who was implicated in this story was given the opportunity to respond, the fact that most didn't is significant. The few who did respond gave a pro forma denial but what would any reasonable person expect under the circumstances? The case Al Jazeera made was strong viewed in context.

If Sly wants to recant now, well good luck with that Charlie. It good to remember that he is only the most telegenic of several medical types documented in this story. Let the lawsuits begin. Personally I don't expect there to be any and that also is significant.

Archived