Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No doubt the shaming gambit will have little to no impact on Chris Davis, but good for Buck anyway.

Yeah. I'm glad he said it. With the competing interests of Davis' soon to be bulging wallet (regardless of team) vs. the welfare of the ball club, I'm glad he's echoing what a lot of the fans of the name on the front of the jersey are thinking. Buck has 25 names on the back of the jerseys (team players) to nail down and be concerned with. Enough with this one guy. Time to complete the roster.

Yeah. I'm glad he said it. With the competing interests of Davis' soon to be bulging wallet (regardless of team) vs. the welfare of the ball club, I'm glad he's echoing what a lot of the fans of the name on the front of the jersey are thinking. Buck has 25 names on the back of the jerseys (team players) to nail down and be concerned with. Enough with this one guy. Time to complete the roster.

I am with ya,,,,,,lets just sign Upton and be done with it,,,,,,we will save 150 strikeouts a year.

Davis has no other offers at the moment or they would try to push the Orioles for more. At this point I would like to see Boras/Davis get screwed

I am with ya,,,,,,lets just sign Upton and be done with it,,,,,,we will save 150 strikeouts a year.

Davis has no other offers at the moment or they would try to push the Orioles for more. At this point I would like to see Boras/Davis get screwed

Boras has the O's right where he wants them, desperate. If they were going to sign Upton or Cespedes they would have done it by now. Boras in banking that due to a negative fan base reaction that they have to get Davis back. I think the O's cave to whatever his demands are.

I almost think Boras is right. You loss your most effective pitcher but promise that they are going to really address the pitching situation and have done nothing. If they loss the best power hitter in the game and don't fill that spot in the lineup with a credible replacement which is available than the pitch forks may come out in earnest.

I had a dream the other night where the Ravens chose a placekicker and punter with the first two picks of the draft.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had a dream the Vikings beat the Seahawks last weekend. Oh wait they lost that was a nightmare.

I had a dream the other night where the Ravens chose a placekicker and punter with the first two picks of the draft.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Raiders drafted a kicker and a punter in 2000. Both are still playing. In fact only one other player from that draft is still active.

MLB Network PR (@MLBNetworkPR)

1/14/16, 1:56 PM

Buck Showalter on Chris Davis: “I'm not frustrated...We can wait as long as it takes. It doesn’t keep us from doing other things.” #HighHeat

and he's right, because that money clearly isn't available for other pursuits.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have grown increasingly frustrated with Chris Davis' demands and might be close to walking away.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

">January 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What this says to me, is that they still want Davis. The leaked information about Cespedes and this blurb are their second effort to put the pressure on Boras. The "offer is off the table" was the first and we know how laughable that was. Why not, "We have walked away from Chris Davis"? We all know why. Davis is still the target.

Chris Davis will be an Oriole. Yoenis Cespedes will sign for much less somewhere else.

I agree Davis is still our preference. But I don't think we are budging on our offer and we are smart to be working on alternatives. I just hope the O's can get to a point where they realize the alternative is better than continuing to wait on Davis.

From reading your posts, I believe you think the publicly leaked "offer" to Cespedes is more a ploy to get Davis and Boras to move than actually to sign Cespedes.

I think that the Orioles could well prefer to sign CD but also decide to move on from him.

If your talking 5/90ish with Cespedes, how much more do you really like CD? Enough to add two more years and nearly 60 million dollars?

I think that the Orioles could well prefer to sign CD but also decide to move on from him.

If your talking 5/90ish with Cespedes, how much more do you really like CD? Enough to add two more years and nearly 60 million dollars?

My valuation of Davis is around 5/120, but Cespedes even higher. Purely on performance and inflation and declining at a set rate and a win costing $7M. Cespedes at 5/90 is almost exactly what I get if I pretend he didn't have a near-seven-win 2015, but instead was worth three. Or... if a win in free agency was $4M, like it's 10 years ago. This is a weird market.

Archived