Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent point. Two completely different groups.

I would say the overlap is near zero.

From June. Of 2014

I don't see the O's as a playoff team.

The question is does DD have it in him to take the foot off the pedal and make strategic moves for the future instead of his normal all in for the present mode. If he trades off top prospects for a starting pitcher the O's will still come up short this year and be positioned for another long stretch of losing seasons. This team has alot of holes.

We have already missed on getting a talent infusion from

1. Jim Johnson

2. JJ Hardy

3. Matt Wieters

Next Up Chris Davis

We can't keep waiting to the guys get a year or less from free agency before we decide whether we are going to try to keep them. We are getting killed by not getting anything for guys who have had all star seasons.

With our always weak farm system the future looks bleak... but if DD refuses to see the light and fold for 2014 it'll get even worse.

Dude' date=' you can buy into the illusions and BS and smoke and mirrors all you want, but ain't no way a team stuffed with has-beens and never-weres like Lew Ford and Matusz and Nate McLouth and Andino and Tolleson and Arrieta are ever sniffing the postseason. Blow it up now and cross your fingers for 2014 or 2015.[/quote']

Some people were For Markakis, For Cruz and against Davis. It happens. People have opinions.

You asked for someone to tell you something, and they did.

You have nothing to complain about ....... especially in terms of lying, since you were not telling the truth about your "just waking up from a nap and just hearing about the Chris Davis deal" in the first place.

Somebody is suffering from the Monday blues. It was a joke. Don't take things so seriously. I think it's a bad deal and was having fun with it.

I wanted to see the team spend money but I was hoping for more of it towards pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. The comment from USA Today implies that he was saving a bunch on taxes because he will be living in Texas. That's not correct. He is changing the timing of when he gets paid and when he has to pay taxes, but not avoiding taxes. The tax man always cometh.

[video=youtube;y8OgkjcW0g4]

And I played along with your joke.

If you didn't like it, then you shouldn't have made it in the first place.

Lol. I don't mind it. You told me to go back to sleep and I told you don't lie.

Regardless back to the topic since you ignored that part of the post I think the deal is a bad one and doesn't make the team any better.

Lol. I don't mind it. You told me to go back to sleep and I told you don't lie.

Regardless back to the topic since you ignored that part of the post I think the deal is a bad one and doesn't make the team any better.

A lot of folks agree with you. I'm glad to have the left handed power for the next couple years while we have Adam and Manny. There is not much of that out there.

Yes, I disagree with you. Therefore, I must be deluded. Have a nice day.

I'm fine with disagreement. If you think Davis is worth a seven year deal he received then, yes, we disagree. But drinking the kool-aid is different from reality. Your stated position about their goal was not what they said. Get your facts straight and by all means have a nice day as well.

You obviously minded when you said that I shouldn't lie.

And since you started it, that's tough luck for you.

Since I started it?? Good God. Don't you have school tomorrow? Go do your homework.

I tried to point out to you that I was just kidding around and tried to get back on topic and you still want to bicker. I'm sorry I'm not going back and forth with a 12 year old. Have a good evening.

A lot of folks agree with you. I'm glad to have the left handed power for the next couple years while we have Adam and Manny. There is not much of that out there.

I agree about the left handed power but unless they add to the rotation and make significant upgrades, IMO this deal keeps us right at .500 and hinders our flexibility in the future.

Ideally, I believe that a 4 or 5-year contract with Davis would have been the best solution for the Orioles.

Unfortunately, overpaying (both in terms of money per years and in terms of the length of the contract) for big-time free agents is the reality that the game has evolved into.

As a fan, I'll live with the length of the deal as well as the money per year that is on it ........ and comfort myself by reminding myself that this problem is not unique to the Orioles. It seems like it is, because this is our team, and every loss (on and off the field) hurts. But I'm pretty sure that fans of most other teams have at least as much pain as we do.

Since I started it?? Good God. Don't you have school tomorrow? Go do your homework.

I tried to point out to you that I was just kidding around and tried to get back on topic and you still want to bicker. I'm sorry I'm not going back and forth with a 12 year old. Have a good evening.

OK, my bad.

I was being oversensitive.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> hope to have their deal w/ Chris Davis finalized by the end of the week, according to industry sources. Deal was pending physical.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">January 18, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived