Kevin Gausman believes the curve is his third pitch

wildcard

It was my understanding that the O's won't develop a cutter but if a player has one he can use it. Tillman does.

I believe that Bundy was a special case. Because of what his health would mean to the organization. Jake did not really matter, because he was always a poor pitcher here. even with his "stuff."

Now, do I believe that Bundy would have been hurt anyway? Yes. And do I believe that Jake would have always been bad as an Oriole? Yes.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your idea to brand my statement as that. Been a long time since school for me too. Just because I don't believe you know more than people who get paid to do it does not make my thoughts incorrect. By intro classwork standards.

I think you know I never said that. Enough of this. Thanks for your responses --enjoyed the chat.

o

Orioles Hope Kevin Gausman Will Be the Pick That (Finally) Clicks

(By Eddie Matz)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/springtraining_kevingausman/baltimore-orioles-hope-kevin-gausman-pick-clicks

This link is a must-read. Contains comments from Bird pitchers about how psychologically tough it was to endure the yo-yoing between the big league and the minors, including: "The toughest ones are when you're pitching really well and you're comfortable and then you get sent down," said Gausman, who was shipped out in June 2014 after a dominant stint in which he won three straight starts and allowed just two runs in 19 innings.

I hope Duquette & Co have this over-thinking out of their systems.

I'm still not sure three pitches is enough for a starter. I always thought Gausman would do well with a splitter/fork ball type pitch. I think he will need a fourth eventually. Gausman is the only guy in our rotation that I don't really worry about, though.

I'm still not sure three pitches is enough for a starter. I always thought Gausman would do well with a splitter/fork ball type pitch. I think he will need a fourth eventually. Gausman is the only guy in our rotation that I don't really worry about, though.

He has five pitches. He needs three to dominate. Just be consistent with the curve and Vulcan.

I'm glad he did well in the first three innings, but at the end of the day, three runs in four innings is not a great outing. One hanging curve can undo three good innings of work. We see that all the time during the season.

I don't think his slider was all that great, but I guess he technically has one. That thing got hit so hard every time someone made contact with it in the past. Fastball, change up and curve are the three he is referring to, right? All three look good, but if any one of those pitches isn't working (which is inevitable some nights), he's instantly down to two reliable pitches and I think that's trouble. I like to see four reliable pitches on a starter. Gausman should ditch the slider and try a fork ball. It will just make his fastball that much better and his change up already does a good job of that.

I don't think his slider was all that great, but I guess he technically has one. That thing got hit so hard every time someone made contact with it in the past. Fastball, change up and curve are the three he is referring to, right? All three look good, but if any one of those pitches isn't working (which is inevitable some nights), he's instantly down to two reliable pitches and I think that's trouble. I like to see four reliable pitches on a starter. Gausman should ditch the slider and try a fork ball. It will just make his fastball that much better and his change up already does a good job of that.

Fastball, Fastball, Curve, Change, Change.

He has two different change ups: a circle change and a split change. One tails in to RHB. Those are both good pitches. But he needs a more reliable breaking ball.

The Vulcan is a fork ball. It may be his best pitch.

Archived