Who's our 5th starter if we don't add anyone else

TeamSchoop6

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really starting to wonder what exactly their plan was. They weren't in on the big arms anyway. DD keeps metioning how expensive pitching is but did the Price and Grienke deals drive up the Leake and Samardzija deals? If they weren't willing to pay market value for someone they knew in Chen and who had already proven himself in the division they weren't going after that tier anyway.

Have to wonder if they were willing to lose that 1st round pick because they thought Davis and Wieters would be gone or they genuinely believed they could make a trade even though the whole industry thinks the system stinks.

I am really starting to wonder what exactly their plan was. They weren't in on the big arms anyway. DD keeps metioning how expensive pitching is but did the Price and Grienke deals drive up the Leake and Samardzija deals? If they weren't willing to pay market value for someone they knew in Chen and who had already proven himself in the division they weren't going after that tier anyway.

Have to wonder if they were willing to lose that 1st round pick because they thought Davis and Wieters would be gone or they genuinely believed they could make a trade even though the whole industry thinks the system stinks.

Actually, I think it was J.A Happ that made all the pitching prices stupid. Stupid. Not market. Stupid. And Chen for 90? Insane.

My opinion.

Actually, I think it was J.A Happ that made all the pitching prices stupid. Stupid. Not market. Stupid. And Chen for 90? Insane.

My opinion.

Is anyone really surprised by those numbers? I thought Chen would get that much, maybe more. Happ was more than I thought but every year the prices go up. At this point I don't know how DD can act like any of this is that shocking.

Is anyone really surprised by those numbers? I thought Chen would get that much, maybe more. Happ was more than I thought but every year the prices go up. At this point I don't know how DD can act like any of this is that shocking.

I don't think anyone who paid those prices for pitchers will end up please with their allocation of resources. And I bet a lot of College arms get drafted first round.

I really believe the Chen money is stupid. Sorry.

That isn't the point though. If your best pitcher leaves and gets that much then if you replace him with a pitcher making less money, you aren't replacing him.

At the end of the day I know the Orioles were banking on bounce back seasons from internal options. The depth we have at this moment is brutal.

That isn't the point though. If your best pitcher leaves and gets that much then if you replace him with a pitcher making less money, you aren't replacing him.

At the end of the day I know the Orioles were banking on bounce back seasons from internal options. The depth we have at this moment is brutal.

I know. It's a drag. Maybe someone will take the leap like Gonzalez, Chen, and Rich Hill all did. Someone new. Someone disdained.

I know. It's a drag. Maybe someone will take the leap like Gonzalez, Chen, and Rich Hill all did. Someone new. Someone disdained.

I don't think we are doomed. We just need a lot to go right in the rotation. Pressure is on Gausman and Tillman to have big seasons.

I don't think Duquette had a plan outside of hoping that everyone has bounce back years.

And that's a terrible idea because our minor league depth is not good. Because Duquette traded all of it.

At some point you pay for your sins. We are going to pay for them this year.

I don't think Duquette had a plan outside of hoping that everyone has bounce back years.

And that's a terrible idea because our minor league depth is not good. Because Duquette traded all of it.

At some point you pay for your sins. We are going to pay for them this year.

I expect the pain to really start in 2017.

My opinion.

Chen didn't get $90 mm. He got $80 mm, backloaded. Pretty much the deal I expected, but with an opt out thrown in. I think it's right in line with other deals this offseason, and better than some.

Chen didn't get $90 mm. He got $80 mm, backloaded. Pretty much the deal I expected, but with an opt out thrown in. I think it's right in line with other deals this offseason, and better than some.

I really don't know who they thought they were going to get. I know it isn't their decision solely, the player has to want to come here but still. If no Chen then who?

I really don't know who they thought they were going to get. I know it isn't their decision solely, the player has to want to come here but still. If no Chen then who?

They didn't want to give anyone five years. I think they were surprised that guys like Kazmir got so much.

Archived