TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

Indeed. As Rickard comes back to earth, I think we will see more of Kim. The guy clearly knows what he is doing with the bat.

Yea Kim does know what he is doing. He was one of the biggest, if not the biggest hitter in Korea. I think he will do more things here he just needs to get adjusted. Looks more relaxed at the plate as of late. We will see.

Gotta remember it's a foreign world to him now. Doesn't speak English, different food, routine, it's all a process and he will do well once he relaxes and adjusts IMO.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
12:47

klof: When does Kim win the full-time job in Baltimore?

12:48

Dan Szymborski: It’s hard to say. He should be full-time now, but there seems to be an incredible amount of delusion in Baltimore about Joey Rickard’s contributions.

12:49

Dan Szymborski: Yes, the team’s 23-13, but that’s more in spite of Rickard, not because of.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dan-szymborski-fangraphs-chat-51616/#more-220050

The Rays signed Steve Pearce to a 1yr 4.75M deal

the O's got Kim for two years, 7M

isn't Pearce clearly the better player, better hitter, better defender. Never understood why we kicked Pearce to the curb and then give a two year deal to a player with not big league track record.

isn't Pearce clearly the better player, better hitter, better defender. Never understood why we kicked Pearce to the curb and then give a two year deal to a player with not big league track record.

No he isn't.

He might be.

Might not be.

With Buck's fascination with Rickard we might not ever find out.

I was a Steve Pearce fan and so was Buck. But in 325 PAs last season he hit .218 with a .289 OBP. His OPS+ was 91. He continued to hit home runs at a good pace--as he has this year as well--but that's not what the O's were looking for.

Fair enough. Despite his high average, how many times have you seen Kim drive a ball to the Outfield. I'm going with zero.

I would say he's done it about 3 times. I'm not sure that any player new to MLB would fare any better with the limited AB's he's had.

Archived