Crush to RF Possibly?

Shabadoo25

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We seem to be amassing players who have 1B/DH as their specialty.

Do you think anyone is considering making Chris Davis the (almost) everyday right fielder?

I'm not convinced of that. I think it's a conversation worth having with him if he'd be okay with that for a year because he's a better OF option than Trumbo, but for now, it's Davis at 1B and Trumbo at DH.

If the Orioles were to go after Pedro Alvarez then you'd stick him at DH against RHP and Davis in RF with Trumbo at 1B. I'm not convinced the Orioles are looking at that, but it's not a terrible idea.

I still think they sign (or trade for) an OF to platoon in RF with Reimold.

I do not.

I don't think anyone associated with the team thinks that would be a good idea.

Davis plays a pretty good RF....for a first baseman.

Perfectly stated. The owner, who single-handedly delivered him back to the fan base, raved about his defense. At first base.

o

After having a horrible 1/3 of a season at 1st base in 2012, Davis settled in very nicely at that position after the departure of Mark Reynolds in 2013, and has continued to play well there in 2014 and 2015.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush ...... so I really hope that we leave well enough alone, and continue to have him play 1st base.

I think we'll see a small amount of Davis in the outfield this year, but only sparingly and only if the situation is right. I think there is a halfway decent chance he ends up there in NL parks, especially against lefties (with Trumbo at first)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I do not.

I don't think anyone associated with the team thinks that would be a good idea.

Davis plays a pretty good RF....for a first baseman.

Davis might be the best athlete on the team, or at least right behind Machado. Davis is a freak. He can actually run for a guy that is his size. Has a cannon for an arm. He's definitely underrated defensively. People forget that he played third base for us after Machado hurt his knee. A couple of times. The only scenarios I see Davis playing RF is if we sign a guy like Pedro Alvarez or Walker/Mancini are just on fire in ST and we have to keep them up.

Davis might be the best athlete on the team, or at least right behind Machado. Davis is a freak. He can actually run for a guy that is his size. Has a cannon for an arm. He's definitely underrated defensively. People forget that he played third base for us after Machado hurt his knee. A couple of times. The only scenarios I see Davis playing RF is if we sign a guy like Pedro Alvarez or Walker/Mancini are just on fire in ST and we have to keep them up.

I tend to think that he is overrated defensively by the fans (and evidently the owner).

Archived