Orioles @ Atlanta Braves, Champion Stadium, Kissimmee, FL Tue, Mar 1 (Spring Training)

bobmc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for wright. How did Kim do in the field?

Kim looked good to me in the field. He had one laser hit right at him and he located it and made the play effortlessly. He ran to first on a ground out and moved faster than Caleb Joseph, for what that's worth. He didn't lumber, kind of like Steve Pearce, imho. At bat, he had a good eye and wasn't overmatched. He has some easy pop and looked ok against a hard throwing lefty. So far, so good.

I still like C Walker - has a beautiful swing and hit one out with authority.

Big Hank looked ok as usual - hit a nice two bagger opposite field as usual. He does lumber in the field, however. Dariel Alvarez ranged to his left to catch a long drive. He's no AJ but did well corralling the fly ball. He hits the ball hard.

I didn't stay around for Joey Rickard - dang it - missed the OFA.

Parker Bridwell has an impressive arm - 94 mph FB but I didn't see any off speed offerings. Big Mike Wright was back in the form he showed early in his career last year - heavy sinking FB at 94 - 96. Chris Lee sat at 90 - 94 but they teed off on him a few times.

Kim looked good to me in the field. He had one laser hit right at him and he located it and made the play effortlessly. He ran to first on a ground out and moved faster than Caleb Joseph, for what that's worth. He didn't lumber, kind of like Steve Pearce, imho. At bat, he had a good eye and wasn't overmatched. He has some easy pop and looked ok against a hard throwing lefty. So far, so good.

I still like C Walker - has a beautiful swing and hit one out with authority.

Big Hank looked ok as usual - hit a nice two bagger opposite field as usual. He does lumber in the field, however. Dariel Alvarez ranged to his left to catch a long drive. He's no AJ but did well corralling the fly ball. He hits the ball hard.

I didn't stay around for Joey Rickard - dang it - missed the OFA.

Parker Bridwell has an impressive arm - 94 mph FB but I didn't see any off speed offerings. Big Mike Wright was back in the form he showed early in his career last year - heavy sinking FB at 94 - 96. Chris Lee sat at 90 - 94 but they teed off on him a few times.

Not so bad. Makes me happy to hear that

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

In hindsight, I would LOVE for the Orioles to be 0-0-3 right now.

Ties may feel anti-climactic, but they are much better than getting blown off of the field, which is what happened to the Orioles in their ensuing two games.

Yeah, good point

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

• 2 weeks later...

Archived