Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the Pedro signing, he probably takes up, one of these two spots.

My guess, since he is a lefty, this means Reimold is more likely expendable.

C - wieters

1b - Davis

2b - schoop

3b - manny

Ss - Hardy

Lf - Kim

Cf - jones

Rf - trumbo

Dh - Alvarez

4 bench with flaherty and Joseph taking two of them, leaving two more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His rookie year was a long time ago. He could have been something huge if injury hadn't been part of his career

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

I don't think he ever had "something huge" in him. His defense held him back and I don't think his hit tool was elite.

But frankly I think he has a better shot at helping the team than Dariel or Parades.

I don't think he ever had "something huge" in him. His defense held him back and I don't think his hit tool was elite.

But frankly I think he has a better shot at helping the team than Dariel or Parades.

I think Parades is off the roster if we add Pedro.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

He should have options, just his contract forbids it.

It is possible he could agree to getting sent down.

Havinf witnessed the whole Wei-Yen Chen drama of being sent out to keep him sharp and not have to face the Blue Jays does one think that asking him to go to the Minors would not be the same type of "Slap In His Face" that Chen immortalized.

Havinf witnessed the whole Wei-Yen Chen drama of being sent out to keep him sharp and not have to face the Blue Jays does one think that asking him to go to the Minors would not be the same type of "Slap In His Face" that Chen immortalized.

I don't assume that a position player from Korea would necessarily react the same way as a pitcher from Taiwan.

I also don't think that Chen getting sent down impacted much of anything.

I think Kim having that language included in his contract in the first place is of much greater import than anything that Chen did.

I don't assume that a position player from Korea would necessarily react the same way as a pitcher from Taiwan.

I also don't think that Chen getting sent down impacted much of anything.

I think Kim having that language included in his contract in the first place is of much greater import than anything that Chen did.

As far as the exact wording in the contract, I have no clue. All I know is it was reported he could not be demoted by an "Optional Assignment". To say that he would not agree to an extended spring training stay and a possible Minors Re-Hab start or two may be a horse of a different color.

Archived