Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

Joey Rickard's Spring Training emergence on both sides of the ball (offense and defense) is making this topic very interesting.

Agreed 100%. The kid got better as he ascended through the minors last year. Great OBP, etc. Wouldn't it be awesome - and shocking - if he started as our new leadoff man? He's only 24, as well. So he's a true prospect... Of course, I don't want to go crazy here. The Majors are whole different ballgame. But again, he looks to be getting BETTER as he ascends through the minors. If he could be effective, such a lineup could be bonkers.

Rickard

Machado

Davis

Jones

Alvarez

Trumbo

Wieters

Schoop

Hardy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the signing of Pedro Alvarez to a one-year contract, it's a little more crowded on the roster for the players that are on the bubble.

Joey Rickard's Spring Training emergence on both sides of the ball (offense and defense) is making this topic very interesting.

And now, with the possibility of Gausman starting the season on the DL, I suspect that the Orioles might want to squeeze an extra pitcher onto the roster (probably an additional long reliever/spot starter.)

I think D. Alvarez and Paredes are in trouble, in spite of Gausman and the DL. IMO.

Alvarez is out and Paredes is headed to the DL.

Not only should Rickard make it, but he should be starting. It would leave an odd man out between Kim, Trumbo and P. Alvarez somewhere.

Not only should Rickard make it, but he should be starting. It would leave an odd man out between Kim, Trumbo and P. Alvarez somewhere.

This is hilarious. All three are sure bets to be on the team. IMO the only question is between D. Alvarez and Reimold.

Too early to write Kim off and put Rickard out there.

Alvarez is the DH, and has a good stick and should bring us, what Cruz did for us, back in 2014.

That would be more reasonable if the agreement was that you weren't allowed to use any information about anyone prior to 1 March 2016.

I don't think anything has changed since March 1. Kim, Rickard, and Pedro are making the team for sure.

Alvarez a strong possibility I think. At least upside there.

Dariel Alvarez has options and is right-handed. He starts at AAA. I could see Reimold to start the year with one last chance to succeed. Then you make a decision between Reimold and Paredes when the latter comes off the DL. Dariel is Plan C, although it may come to Plan C sooner rather than later.

This is hilarious. All three are sure bets to be on the team. IMO the only question is between D. Alvarez and Reimold.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the starting lineup.

I do agree that it'll come down to Alvarez (or another optionable guy)/Reimold/or a 13th pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reimold has been incredibly bad for the entire spring. It's time to say goodbye. He's not even playing the field, they keep DHing him.

This is probably because of Reimold's shoulder. They don't want him throwing.

Archived