Tommy Hunter Was a Yankee, But he failed his Physical

weams

I liked Tommy too. I do agree he could take better care of himself. My mom was always amazed to see him but really relievers are odd like that. Now Bartolo Colon and Sabathia who have both pushed 300 pounds wow. Anyone know the heaviest MLBer on record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked Tommy too. I do agree he could take better care of himself. My mom was always amazed to see him but really relievers are odd like that. Now Bartolo Colon and Sabathia who have both pushed 300 pounds wow. Anyone know the heaviest MLBer on record?

Walter Young, played briefly here, he came in at 315 pounds.

Reds reliever Broxton is the heaviest current player at 300 pounds.

Dimtri Young made the list, in 99, he was 298 pounds for the Cards.

Calvin Pickering, 295 in 1995.

Ruth was originally 215 pounds and rumored that his weight was 250, when he retired.

Walter Young, played briefly here, he came in at 315 pounds.

Reds reliever Broxton is the heaviest current player at 300 pounds.

Dimtri Young made the list, in 99, he was 298 pounds for the Cards.

Calvin Pickering, 295 in 1995.

Ruth was originally 215 pounds and rumored that his weight was 250, when he retired.

Damn. Those are some big boys.

David wells is listed at 187 on bbref

Smoky Burgess was once called "Not baseball fat like Mickey Lolich or Early Wynn. But FAT fat. Like the mailman or your Uncle Dwight. Putsy fat. Slobby fat. Just plain fat. In fact I would venture to say that Smoky Burgess was probably the fattest man ever to play professional baseball." From a book I've never read called The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book.

Smoky Burgess is listed at 185 on bb-ref.

David wells is listed at 187 on bbref.

Smoky Burgess was once called "Not baseball fat like Mickey Lolich or Early Wynn. But FAT fat. Like the mailman or your Uncle Dwight. Putsy fat. Slobby fat. Just plain fat. In fact I would venture to say that Smoky Burgess was probably the fattest man ever to play professional baseball." From a book I've never read called The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book.

Smoky Burgess is listed at 185 on bb-ref.

There is a considerable difference there though, and that is height.

David Wells is listed at 6' 3", 187 pounds.

Burgess is listed at 5' 8", 185 pounds.

That's roughly the same weight, but a difference in height of 7 inches.

Burgess may have weighed more than the 185 pounds that he was listed at, but it probably is not nearly as big as the discrepancy that David Wells' 6' 3", 187 pounds is.

Archived