Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
92 MPH, Bend no break. Managed the lineup well.

You throw out 92 MPH as if he was sitting there. I think I saw him hit 92 MPH on the stadium gun two or three times. Still a significant improvement over his previous outings.

He was sitting 87-91 with the fastball.

You throw out 92 MPH as if he was sitting there. I think I saw him hit 92 MPH on the stadium gun two or three times. Still a significant improvement over his previous outings.

He was sitting 87-91 with the fastball.

He can do what we need with an average 89 ground-ball inducing fastball. He just cannot get any slower.

He can do what we need with an average 89 ground-ball inducing fastball. He just cannot get any slower.

89-93 is where he was last year. His arm seemed to get stronger as the game went on a bit, so maybe gains another tick or two as the season goes on and gets back to his 2015 velocity.

I'm encouraged because I thought he was finished after seeing him throw earlier this season and after the issues with his physical and reducing the length of his deal. Cautiously optimistic now. He seems to know how to pitch so when he's hitting his spots he can be pretty good.

(JUNE 17th)

Whether we like it or not, Gallardo is probably our #4 starter now.

With Jimenez gone from the rotation (and with Wright likely to join him), we're really going to be winging it now. We'll be hoping that Gallardo can pitch at at least a serviceable level, hoping that Wilson pitches well more often than he does not in his turns in the rotation, and hoping that that Despaigne can do a reasonably good job as the #5 starter until Worley gets back, or until Duquette acquires another starting pitcher via a trade.

That's REALLY winging it.

I think that he pitched like a #5 today.

We might be able to get by with that for a while, considering it's still a lot better than he was before he hit the DL, and Jimenez, and Wright.

Our #4 pitcher pitching like a #5. That's not too bad.

o

16 OUTS: 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Popout, 1 Caught Stealing, 1 Out Trying to Stretch a Single into a Double

YOVANI GALLARDO O (vs. D-RAYS, 6/24)

IP:l 5.33

H:;; 7 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB:)2

SO:)3

Pitches: 96 (61 Strikes, 35 Balls)

2016 ERA: 6.04

PITCHES BY INNING

28 (16 Strikes, 12 Balls)

13 (81 Strikes, 51 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls)

18 (12 Strikes, 61 Balls)

16 (12 Strikes, 41 Balls)

11 (11 Strikes, 01 Balls) *

* Gallardo recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

YOVANI GALLARDO O (vs. D-RAYS, 6/24)

IP:l 5.33

R:l) 3

After Gallardo gave up 3 runs in the 1st inning, I made this post in the game thread:

If Gallardo pitches 5 shutout innings from the 2nd through the 6th, he'll have had a quality start.

I was close. Off by 2 outs.

Gallardo has basically no cutter tonight at all and his fastball wasn't much and he still got us into the 6th tight so we ended up winning the game. I'm going to keep typing it. The guy just knows how to pitch. If his shoulder holds up at all, he will help us a lot. It won't be about stats. It will be about winnable games. With this offense, that is what we need.

Nice damn win tonight boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did he change after the first? He was obviously more effective, what did he do different?

Archived