Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

Would you guys do this?

Braves get:

Dylan Bundy

Orioles get:

Nick Markakis + $16.5 million (half of his remaining salary)

Oh heavens no. I liked Nick. But I don't want him back. It's not personal. IMO

what's best for the team doesn't include Nick. I apologize for upsetting Nicks fans.

This is just my own personal belief.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone catch this tidbit from Rosenthal/MLBTR?

The Braves also had conversations with Upton, says Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, but the club was only discussing a six-year deal at a “significantly lower average annual value” than Upton’s new contract provides. GM John Coppolella acknowledged the chats, adding that his club will “remain both opportunistic and disciplined.”

Does anyone have any idea what on earth the Braves' plan is?

My last O's image of Markakis is not being able to score on a slow ground ball single that went into left field - 7th inning game 2 ALCS against the Royals.

O's would leave the bases loaded and lose. I'm thankful of Markakis past performance but he's most likely even slower now, pass. The O's already have a slow team.

My last O's image of Markakis is not being able to score on a slow ground ball single that went into left field - 7th inning game 2 ALCS against the Royals.

O's would leave the bases loaded and lose. I'm thankful of Markakis past performance but he's most likely even slower now' date=' pass. The O's already have a slow team.[/quote']

Very interesting take.

• 2 weeks later...
Well. Is it time?

Is it time for what? Do you think Walker for Bruce is a feasible trade? If so, I would have no problem pulling the trigger, considering we have Davis entrenched at 1B for the next seven years and Mancini waiting in the wings just in case.

Jay is making 12.5 million and has a one million buy out for next year. I would give them Walker and have them eat 3.5 million. It's hard to justify giving Jay Bruce 10 plus mil even for one season when he's coming off two years where he put up a negative WAR.

With that said, he's only 28 and was a consistently good player from ages 21 to 26. Maybe he has a resurgence with us and is worth picking up the option for next season.

Jay is making 12.5 million and has a one million buy out for next year. I would give them Walker and have them eat 3.5 million. It's hard to justify giving Jay Bruce 10 plus mil even for one season when he's coming off two years where he put up a negative WAR.

With that said, he's only 28 and was a consistently good player from ages 21 to 26. Maybe he has a resurgence with us and is worth picking up the option for next season.

What use would CIN have for Walker? They have a 1B.

It would get Bruce's payroll off the books. Stick Walker at AAA.
I would think they would prefer a player who had some chance of contributing to the team in the future. Walker would never play for CIN unless Votto got hurt or they instituted the DH in the NL. Maybe Wilson or Wright or a RP but not Walker.

I would think they would prefer a player who had some chance of contributing to the team in the future. Walker would never play for CIN unless Votto got hurt or they instituted the DH in the NL. Maybe Wilson or Wright or a RP but not Walker.

I think that if they could get more for Bruce they would have already.

Marin, Walker, or Uruttia.

Archived