The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

It's so hard to wait. I want baseball season to start already!

Baseball on TV tomorrow (today.) 1:05 on MASN. I'll betcha it's Thorne and Palmer. Thorne at least almost guaranteed. His/their spring training too. Gotta get the banter back in playing shape. Responsibly...

For us PAians who also get Root Sports channel, Pittsburgh channel, Sunday 6:05 game. I'll post a hopefully working online link. Pitt's announcers aren't NEARLY as good as even Hunter/Bordick. But it's Orioles baseball. :)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a little concerned. But I have hope. That he is just experimenting with a new change up or something.

Buck said on one of those radio shows last night that O'Day was working on something that he "wasn't going to broadcast". Whether that's actually true or just coachspeak who knows.

Tillman getting rocked today. Having trouble throwing strikes though the ump was squeezing him early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's going to be so great you're going to be tired of him being great. He's just working on some new things in ST. Nothing he does in ST means anything, just trying out stuff and not advertising how nasty his stuff will be in the beginning of the season. And even then he's going to hold back some, so when the ALCS starts he'll have now pitches, never before seen.

It's going to be huge.

Tillman getting rocked today. Having trouble throwing strikes though the ump was squeezing him early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAhh yeah ST don't mean nothing. :laughlol: The O's pitchers will all magically find their groove on opening day.

AAhh yeah ST don't mean nothing. :laughlol: The O's pitchers will all magically find their groove on opening day.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the Orioles starting rotation is not the best possible rotation that the Orioles could have conceivably put together for this year is making an unfair and unfounded criticism of Dan Duquette.

Any failure from this point forward with the players on the roster is the fault of the individual player failing to perform at their peak performance level. No one can doubt the coaching staff is the best in baseball. And no one can question the heart of an Oriole player.

Other teams have players that try hard too, which is why we can't win all our games. But we will win more than any other team. That's the Oriole Way.

At this point, I'm not sure it is an overreaction to say that our starting pitching blows. I've watched 50 spring trainings come and go, and I do not remember a single one where our starting pitching performed this poorly. Not even in 2004, when we broke camp with four starters who had like 100 innings of major league experience between them (DuBose, Ainsworth, Riley, and Bedard).

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the Orioles starting rotation is not the best possible rotation that the Orioles could have conceivably put together for this year is making an unfair and unfounded criticism of Dan Duquette.

Any failure from this point forward with the players on the roster is the fault of the individual player failing to perform at their peak performance level. No one can doubt the coaching staff is the best in baseball. And no one can question the heart of an Oriole player.

Other teams have players that try hard too, which is why we can't win all our games. But we will win more than any other team. That's the Oriole Way.

And this is how far on the sarcasm meter ladies and gentleman?

It's so hard to wait. I want baseball season to start already!
Baseball on TV tomorrow (today.) 1:05 on MASN. I'll betcha it's Thorne and Palmer. Thorne at least almost guaranteed. His/their spring training too. Gotta get the banter back in playing shape. Responsibly...

For us PAians who also get Root Sports channel' date=' Pittsburgh channel, Sunday 6:05 game. I'll post a hopefully working online link. Pitt's announcers aren't NEARLY as good as even Hunter/Bordick. But it's Orioles baseball. :)[/quote']

I don't get up that early. :)

At this point, I'm not sure it is an overreaction to say that our starting pitching blows. I've watched 50 spring trainings come and go, and I do not remember a single one where our starting pitching performed this poorly. Not even in 2004, when we broke camp with four starters who had like 100 innings of major league experience between them (DuBose, Ainsworth, Riley, and Bedard).

At least they brought back O'Day and Davis.

It is staggering to me that they either didn't see this train wreck coming, or that they did and willfully ignored it.

But our new RF looks like a gem - athletic, cannon and coachable....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You’re out! Courtesy of <a href="https://twitter.com/Mtrumbo44">@Mtrumbo44</a> & Manny Machado. <a href="https://t.co/7goYPIPDHn">https://t.co/7goYPIPDHn</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OrangeSpring?src=hash">#OrangeSpring</a> <a href="https://t.co/P2XUOzovFL">pic.twitter.com/P2XUOzovFL</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">March 25, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At least they brought back O'Day and Davis.

It is staggering to me that they either didn't see this train wreck coming, or that they did and willfully ignored it.

I don't see how anyone could have seen this bad of a train wreck coming. Sure, we all knew the O's were likely to have below average starting pitching. But this spring has been beyond abysmal.

Archived