Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

Birds08

Would you say your biggest concern is Kim's staying power now? In context of fielding a complete team. Alvarez crushes righties and boy oh boy is our lineup going to scare the *%$# out of any RHP.

(Other than starting pitching of course)

No. I hope Kim works out. But if not, the bats make it so that a defense first guy could play there.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you say your biggest concern is Kim's staying power now? In context of fielding a complete team. Alvarez crushes righties and boy oh boy is our lineup going to scare the *%$# out of any RHP.

(Other than starting pitching of course)

Unless you are talking about the high k rate bullpens in the division. I see a lot of going down quietly in the 8th from this lineup.

Unless you are talking about the high k rate bullpens in the division. I see a lot of going down quietly in the 8th from this lineup.

I don't.

Year Tm G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB

2012-2015 PIT 573 2136 1918 240 456 78 4 111 318 13 3 198 610 .238 .310 .456 .767 111 875 44 9 0 11 28

I'll give you our lineup is not the scrappy KC OBP type, but if we hit enough dingers (which I think we certainly will) our bullpen should be able to shut opposing lineups doors by the 7th.

I don't trust Trumbo in RF. I'd play Rickard there and swap between the Trumbo and Alvarez at DH when I see fit. I think that's buck's plan

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

They are not paying Trumbo and Alvarez that much money to be a DH platoon.

Barring any injuries or additional signings, this move probably bumps a guy like Paul Janish from the roster now that Reimold joins Joseph, Flaherty and Rickard on the bench.

I don't think Janish was ever making this team.

Dan's not done. I bet he is still looking for an outfielder. Trumbo and Walker are trade bait.

That is my guess.

Payroll at 151m with 13.65m deferred. 137.3m after deferrals.

You thought that earlier in the offseason too about Trumbo. You could be right but my guess is Trumbo is not going anywhere.

Isn't it clear to everyone though we can always reset next year? (Of course some answers will be, well what about this year...) We have a lot of money coming off the books and can fix the corners if need be as soon as next year.

If it doesn't work it's one year and not a lot of money. Same for Trumbo and Wieters.

And who's to say we can't trade one of these guys at some point early on if we feel we need to shore up defense.

I'm really struggling to see the negative here. Unless folks are still bitter over losing Fowler.

Archived