Opening day 25 man?

ChuckS

They key is how comfortable are they with Flaherty as 5th COF?

He won't be. He will be the sole utility infielder. The rest of the bench would be Joseph, Reimold, and Avery or maybe another LF hitting OFer that we pick up off the scrap heap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He won't be. He will be the sole utility infielder. The rest of the bench would be Joseph, Reimold, and Avery or maybe another LF hitting OFer that we pick up off the scrap heap.

Why was Flaherty playing LF, just the other day?

Avery has a hip flexor injury, I thought?

Why was Flaherty playing LF, just the other day?

Avery has a hip flexor injury, I thought?

Flaherty plays one game in the OF and you assume he is going to be the fifth OFer? He may have to play out there at some point in the season. I just think it's incredibly redundant to carry two utility infielders. Janish would never play and does not make sense as a pinch runner. Avery (or David Murphy kind of pickup) would make a lot more sense.

I'm honestly not sure of the status on Avery's injury. Maybe they keep Julio Borbon.

Flaherty plays one game in the OF and you assume he is going to be the fifth OFer? He may have to play out there at some point in the season. I just think it's incredibly redundant to carry two utility infielders. Janish would never play and does not make sense as a pinch runner. Avery (or David Murphy kind of pickup) would make a lot more sense.

I'm honestly not sure of the status on Avery's injury. Maybe they keep Julio Borbon.

Its more than just a single game.

Ryan play 6 regular season games in the OF, 5 in RF and 1 in LF in 2015, and in 2014, he played 1 game.

I'd put my money on a LF hitting OFer being acquired. Surprised we haven't scooped up Murphy yet. Career .795 OPS versus right handers and .735 last year. I don't see us doing any better than that on the waiver wire.

I'd put my money on a LF hitting OFer being acquired. Surprised we haven't scooped up Murphy yet. Career .795 OPS versus right handers and .735 last year. I don't see us doing any better than that on the waiver wire.

I bet we have done offered him a contract and he is waiting to see what all his options are first.

Archived