vs. TWINS, 4/04 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• There are 76 games for us to play (74 for the Yankees).   The standings could flip in a weekend.   I think the team has the right approach, just win the game in front of them and worry about the rest later.   Back in May/June when we were playing great ball but the Yankees were winning at an insane rate I said we should just worry about ourselves and the rest would take care of itself.  It’s no surprise that the Yankees hit a rough patch, but they’re also capable of going on another tear.  If we play consistently good baseball, we’ll be fine.   
    • Figured he needs a bump after his outing yesterday. I watched his effort and it was total domination, he had great control of all his pitches. Also found out his previous outing which he struggled was due to him being under the weather. Like the previous posters have pointed out, FB hit 94 and plays up due to him being 6' 6, definitely worth monitoring his progression
    • I expect Mayo up in a couple weeks. It feels like Elias operates about a month behind the big clamoring of fans with these promotions. It would make the most sense for it to be for Urias, so I hope that works out. And by works out, I mean a trade that benefits the Os but also offers Ramon a decent landing spot.
    • I don’t want to get too excited based on a ten game hot streak.  Beavers had an .894 OPS at Bowie last year, and was at .886 in May.   Since then he’s slumped, but my point is that ten games of success for Etzel  doesn’t tell you that much about how he’ll do over 90ish games.   I’m glad he’s got it going and hope it continues.  
    • Really hard to decide on a Gameball for last night. Kremer had a fantastic start against one of the best pitchers, O'Hearn carried the offense with the RBI single and HR. I also really want to recognize Adley's take on a very tough 3-2 pitch that led to the two out rally. Tough one but Gameball goes to Kremer.
    • After last night's (3 Jul) game it is 74 to win the division against the Yanks. lol
    • You ain't kidding, that knockoff tupperware he gave me leaked BPA all into my gumbo.
  • Popular Contributors