DD, Eating Crow

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good pickup (Rickard) doesn't excuse the fact that the construction of the starting rotation was completely butchered by Duquette coming into this year. If just one of the top four starters has a bad year or suffers an injury that causes them to miss significant time, the rotation will be screwed beyond belief. There's literally no room for error with Gallardo, Gausman, Tillman and Jimenez. All of them have to be productive and all of them have to stay healthy. Not adding another starting pitcher along with Gallardo was beyond idiotic and a terrible error in judgment.

Don't hold back. I have been critical of Duquette's off season but let's not bury him until he's dead. The Orioles have acquired two (Jimenez/Gallardo) two of the most consistently durable starters in baseball over the last 6 years. If they stay healthy and pitch all year, are you going to call him lucky? Also, what if Mike Wright is better than Miguel Gonzalez was last year? I certainly share your opinion that he didn't do enough to improve the starting pitching but if the rotation produces and stays healthy, he deserves credit for rolling the dice and coming up 7.

That and we have 2 more years of Dan and Buck currently. After this season if we do well, DD and Buck will probably get extended again.

Don't hold back. I have been critical of Duquette's off season but let's not bury him until he's dead. The Orioles have acquired two (Jimenez/Gallardo) two of the most consistently durable starters in baseball over the last 6 years. If they stay healthy and pitch all year, are you going to call him lucky? Also, what if Mike Wright is better than Miguel Gonzalez was last year? I certainly share your opinion that he didn't do enough to improve the starting pitching but if the rotation produces and stays healthy, he deserves credit for rolling the dice and coming up 7.
What would you have done? Fister or Latos? Boy they look good. Leake got 5/80 with an mutual option for a 6th to pitch for STL in the NL. What would the O's have had to offer him to pitch here? Or Kaznir even if PA permitted opt outs. Really there weren't many other options.

What would you have done? Fister or Latos? Boy they look good. Leake got 5/80 with an mutual option for a 6th to pitch for STL in the NL. What would the O's have had to offer him to pitch here? Or Kaznir even if PA permitted opt outs. Really there weren't many other options.

Though I agree with your point, Latos had a very nice debut today after struggling this spring against a punchless Oakland team.

Archived