Are We Rooting For The Blue Jays or Yanks This Series?

MagicBird

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a perennial thread on the OH. Sometimes several crop up during a season. When they do, I always wonder if the Orioles ever provoke the same amount of vitriol among other team's fanbases. Offhand, I can't think of any. No wonder we get no respect from the national media. :P

There was a time when they did, from the late 60's through the early 80's.

And although we have been on a nice run since 2012, we've still got quite a ways to go to get back to that level of receiving contempt from our rivals and their respective fan bases.

I always root for the team who is closest in the standings to us to lose on any given night. Tonight that's the Yanks.

I'd like for the O's to sweep the Red Sox and go into Texas with a 3.5 game lead over the 2nd place team in the division.

They are all the enemy. I don't care who wins or loses to make that happen.

I'm all about enjoying this moment while we have it, but we should really pace ourselves here.

Way too early to be scoreboard-watching. We don't even know who's good and who's crap yet, Orioles included.

This is one of those things that differs by fan, but I'm going to say:

1. It's never to early to scoreboard watch in any sport when divisional or wild card contention is obvious (Orioles fans should be rooting for NL in every interleague game, for example).

2. You'll never be able to convince someone it's too early to scoreboard watch or make predictions whose natural desire is to watch the scoreboard and make predictions.

Heh! I posted a few times on that board. I got criticized to death for talking about how good I thought the Orioles would be this season. Those guys really are some of the biggest homers in the sport.

They literally believed that Brett Lawrie would be a much better player than Machado.

Unfortunately I think it's going to be a long year for Jays fans. Last year they had career years from historically lousy hitters like Kevin Pillar and Chris Collabello- you know theres gonna be big regression from them. Guys like Tulo and Martin are aging and seem to be regressing too. Then you have a guy like Goins starting who can't hit at all... Oh and did I mention Kevin Pillar was announced as the lead-off man this season? Clearly John Gibbons hasn't heard of a little something called "OBP":laughlol:

I think the O's are gonna have the big bats in division this year... I'll take this offense over the Jays any day.

So if you wanna root for the lousier of the 2 teams, I'd root for the Jays. I think the Yankees are gonna be stiff competition this year. Their bullpen isn't fair, and just imagine once Chapman comes back... Yikes.

I also loved their pick up of Castro. He's gonna fare well in this division.

Jeeze, it's been awhile since this division was so all around strong though. It's gonna be a blast of a season.

And although we have been on a nice run since 2012, we've still got quite a ways to go to get back to that level of receiving contempt from our rivals and their respective fan bases.

Oh, I'd say contempt in growing in Boston....

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/4-11-baltimore-at-boston-home-opening-day.13664/page-16

This is a perennial thread on the OH. Sometimes several crop up during a season. When they do, I always wonder if the Orioles ever provoke the same amount of vitriol among other team's fanbases. Offhand, I can't think of any. No wonder we get no respect from the national media. :P

Growing, yes.

I don't think that it is to the point where it was in that era yet, though.

Archived