Frobby

Career OPS Splits by Month:

Apr: .843

May: .889

Jun: .724

Jul: .755

Aug: .708

Sep: .692

So we have a guy that Buck is considering an all star MO bat, clogging up the whole lineup, and we know from history that we have is a guy that is going OPS around .70 for the remainder of the year, as he does every year.

With his defense he is a below replacemet level player for the rest of the year

At leas Chris Davis has a history of getting hot in Aug/Sep, but we've gotten all we are going to get from Mark Trumbo

and no I don't want to extend a hitter that disappears for the last two months of every season.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Career OPS Splits by Month:

Apr: .843

May: .889

Jun: .724

Jul: .755

Aug: .708

Sep: .692

So we have a guy that Buck is considering an all star MO bat, clogging up the whole lineup, and we know from history that we have is a guy that is going OPS around .70 for the remainder of the year, as he does every year.

With his defense he is a below replacemet level player for the rest of the year

At leas Chris Davis has a history of getting hot in Aug/Sep, but we've gotten all we are going to get from Mark Trumbo

and no I don't want to extend a hitter that disappears for the last two months of every season.[/quote

Early in the season some wanted Trumbo extended.

This would have been a much more impressive post a month or two ago. ;)

Some of us were saying this then, some of us were saying this in April.

Actually I was one of "us" that was saying it back in Apr/May/June in some of the extend Trumbo posts

I knew his second 1/2 was going to be ugly and drag down the O's second half offense

But Buck has no legitimate OF'ers

Need to DL/DFA Pearce and bring up Alvarez. Needed to do it 5 days ago

Actually I was one of "us" that was saying it back in Apr/May/June in some of the extend Trumbo posts

I knew his second 1/2 was going to be ugly and drag down the O's second half offense

You do know that Alvarez isn't a legitimate OF right?

I don't know what time of year he slumps means you don't want to extend him. I think his low career OBP is what bothers me. Anyway maybe he slumps due to getting tired during the hot days of summer. Maybe more days off is the answer to his late season slumping.

I don't know what time of year he slumps means you don't want to extend him. I think his low career OBP is what bothers me. Anyway maybe he slumps due to getting tired during the hot days of summer. Maybe more days off is the answer to his late season slumping.

What makes me not want to extend him is Davis is at first and almost all of Trumbo's offensive value is sucked away by his outfield defense.

DFA Pearce for a 27 year old with a .700 ish OPS at AAA?

Sound strategy.

Well last night at least Trumbo squared up on some pitches and hit some rockets that just happened to be right at people for outs which is more than I can say for Favis who though he had two hits were rather weak grounders that he got lucky in placement thereof.

Yes, there were plenty of folks making this point which is why I was all for trading him at his highest value point before the trade deadline. I have no idea if they tried to trade him or if anyone came a knocking but I do know that several teams were in need of a bat. BTW, no one here agreed with my suggestion in spite of most who agreed we wouldn't be extending him next season.

Do you not think other teams know Trumbo struggles in August and September is a poor fielder, and has low OBP? We got him for a back-up catcher when he had a whole year of team control. What do you think you would get with two months of team control in months that he struggles? Do you think MLB teams that have full-time staffs who's job is to run statistical analysis do not know what a casual fan would know?

Yes, there were plenty of folks making this point which is why I was all for trading him at his highest value point before the trade deadline. I have no idea if they tried to trade him or if anyone came a knocking but I do know that several teams were in need of a bat. BTW, no one here agreed with my suggestion in spite of most who agreed we wouldn't be extending him next season.

So you wanted us to trade Trumbo to a team that needed a bat because you knew he would tank in the second half? Assuming you are right, wouldn't other teams know that as well? What do you think we could have gotten for him?

So you wanted us to trade Trumbo to a team that needed a bat because you knew he would tank in the second half? Assuming you are right, wouldn't other teams know that as well? What do you think we could have gotten for him?

Hey if a team was dumb enough to buy high on Parra last year....

Oh wait...

Archived