Can't Believe that We have Bought into this Hype

weams

I can't laugh at Boston for their misfortunes, though. After 14 straight losing seasons full of bad signings, bad managing, bad pitching and generally bad decision making from top to bottom, I can sympathize with why they

are angry. I hope Orioles fans don't forget what all that felt like and can stay humble when other teams are going through bad times.

Their fans were so obnoxious while they were up that I have really enjoyed watching them get their comeuppance the last few seasons. That said, I expect the Red Sox to be good this season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question - would anyone swap the Red Sox team with the O's?

I'd take Pedroia in a heartbeat. Probably Betts and Price too.

Aside from that, I don't think so. They could keep Ortiz.

I'm really unimpressed with the Red Sox. After watching them for two games, I still think they are a last place team, even with Price and Kimbrell. They are scoring some runs right now, but I don't think they are a top 5 offensive team when the year ends and they certainly don't look like one of the best pitching staffs in baseball as some people were claiming.

What in the world is Sandoval doing? Just collecting that big paycheck sitting on the bench?

Just heard on local Boston sports radio that Sandoval is going on the 15-day disabled list with a sore shoulder. Farrell supposedly is saying that he has no idea how Sandoval got hurt. The hosts were concluding that the sore shoulder looked like an injury of convenience. Sandoval is as deep in the Red Sox doghouse as he can get.

Just heard on local Boston sports radio that Sandoval is going on the 15-day disabled list with a sore shoulder. Farrell supposedly is saying that he has no idea how Sandoval got hurt. The hosts were concluding that the sore shoulder looked like an injury of convenience. Sandoval is as deep in the Red Sox doghouse as he can get.

They want to use the demotion as an opportunity to condition him.

Would you take Pedroia at his salary and contract for Jon Schoop and his compensation and control?

Price? Anyone was welcome to bid a few more dollars for him. He has no loyalty to the New England area.

I like Betts.

Pedroia, Betts, Bradley JR, Koji and Price, I'd take instantaneously. The rest of their team is overpaid though.

Would you take Pedroia at his salary and contract for Jon Schoop and his compensation and control?

Price? Anyone was welcome to bid a few more dollars for him. He has no loyalty to the New England area.

I like Betts.

I wouldn't worry about control with Pedroia, and the question was kinda ignoring salary - hence listing Price :)

So they would replace: Schoop' date=' Rickard, Trumbo, O'Day and Tillman? If you traded straight up?[/quote']

For their entire careers, I'd take Boston now. We have promise to get better, that's why I like our guys. The guys I listed have been good for so long that's its kind of hard not to take them.

They want to use the demotion as an opportunity to condition him.

There have been some really unfortunate Sandoval photos this spring. Number one featured his gut hanging out of his T-shirt when he tried to get down for a grounder during early spring training. Then, a few days ago he popped his belt open on video when he swung a bat during batting practice. Both a source of local merriment and a wellspring of disdain.

There have been some really unfortunate Sandoval photos this spring. Number one featured his gut hanging out of his T-shirt when he tried to get down for a grounder during early spring training. Then' date=' a few days ago he popped his belt open on video when he swung a bat during batting practice. Both a source of local merriment and a wellspring of disdain.[/quote']

No wonder Red Sawx fans hate him. I would too if he played on my team.

Their fans were so obnoxious while they were up that I have really enjoyed watching them get their comeuppance the last few seasons. That said, I expect the Red Sox to be good this season.

They certainly were and so were Yankees fans. I hate to imagine what the Jays fans would start acting like if they won it all. I remember many years ago seeing Yankees and Red Sox fans come over to the Orioles forum

just to tell us how bad the team sucked, pick fights and just be generally annoying and insufferable. Things got pretty ugly sometimes. I don't want to see Orioles fans get that way when we win a world series again. I

suppose I'm just not much of a vengeful person, though. :)

Archived