vs. RANGERS, 4/14

Sessh

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

WEDNESDAY, MAY 11th:

B-MORE OPIN: O Team chemistry ???

JOHN ANGELOS: O We all often talk about team chemistry. I didn't really understand it for the first 10 or 12 years that I was involved in baseball, but I do understand it more now. You don't "make" chemistry, you recruit it ...... and that is what Buck (Showalter) is so good at. He's not just bringing in guys and saying, "Be this way." he is SELECTING guys whom he thinks WILL BE that way, and predicting their evolution.You saw that stability and that perspective in their reaction to the fanless game against the White Sox last year.

B-MORE OPIN: O There was a lot that was up in there air at the time in terms of when they would play, where they would play. What was the team's reaction to all of that ??? ???

JOHN ANGELOS: O That was such an unusual situation. It was much different than a couple of rained-out games. This was very complex in terms of everyone that was involved. There were no clear/right answers. Time was passing rapidly as each game was postponed, and baseball is a sport in which you really can't continually do that without putting a strain on the teams involved in the postponements. They players took it in stride as best as they could as far as I could tell, having to play a game in an empty park, and then go and play 3 more "home" games in Tampa Bay, FL.

Archived